Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just another Newbie unfortunately

Hello there, 

Um, I go by Sev if anyone wants to call me anything. I figured this was easier then joining an actual meet up. I'm a Nanny currently and I wanna be a teacher when I've saved up a bit for school. I love traveling and making new life-long friends. i'm painfully shy, but I'm getting out of that finally. Um I hope this community is welcoming, its the first time I joined a forum devoted to this, but I need to share I suppose. Um that's it for now, I'm gonna make my way over to the share your story forum if you guys care to read it there.

Hi Sev :) welcome to the site! Im very sorry for whatever trauma has brought you to this corner of the Internet but its good you have found a safe place to share your story and hear others too. I'm also new here but I'm sure many will warmly welcome you :)

Hello and welcome! 

You are in a safe place and there is always someone who can offer support and listen to you. 

Hoping you will feel better, because this is an important step that you just took. You''ll see how calming and powerful is to share with people and know that you're not alone in this.  :)

Safe hug :hug:

Quandra

Hello and welcome Sev! I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team)! It is my pleasure to assist you with any help you may need or questions you may have.

I am sorry to hear that you have a reason to be here but I am sure you will find the same comfort I did when I joined here 4 years ago.

share as little or as much as you need or want to. This is all at your own pace.

Some people like reading the forums first and just tip-toeing in while others like to just jump right in (that was me).  

:)   :hi:   :aswelcomesu:  

Edited by chant2012

Welcome to AS! I hope you find our community as informative and supportive as I have. Feel free to share as much or as little as you like at your own pace. Sometimes we just need to know we're not alone. I wish you well on your journey to healing.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

On 3/23/2016 at 5:17 AM, ItsTimetoTalkaboutIt said:

Hello there, 

Um, I go by Sev if anyone wants to call me anything. I figured this was easier then joining an actual meet up. I'm a Nanny currently and I wanna be a teacher when I've saved up a bit for school. I love traveling and making new life-long friends. i'm painfully shy, but I'm getting out of that finally. Um I hope this community is welcoming, its the first time I joined a forum devoted to this, but I need to share I suppose. Um that's it for now, I'm gonna make my way over to the share your story forum if you guys care to read it there.

Hi Sev,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that has led you to this site, but please know that you have found a very supportive site. The members are really kind and understanding. It takes a lot of courage to reach out, and I'm glad you have. I wish you well as you continue on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

On 3/23/2016 at 3:45 AM, findingavoice said:

Hi Sev :) welcome to the site! Im very sorry for whatever trauma has brought you to this corner of the Internet but its good you have found a safe place to share your story and hear others too. I'm also new here but I'm sure many will warmly welcome you :)

Thanks for the good wishes, its kind of nice being in a community where people understand what youv'e been through

On 3/23/2016 at 4:00 AM, Quandra said:

Hello and welcome! 

You are in a safe place and there is always someone who can offer support and listen to you. 

Hoping you will feel better, because this is an important step that you just took. You''ll see how calming and powerful is to share with people and know that you're not alone in this.  :)

Safe hug :hug:

Quandra

Hi,

Thanks for that. I'm enrolling myself into therapy soon, but I wanted to make sure I had a kind of support behind me even if it's just an online forum. Not to mention the memories are starting to creep back up. You're right though, it's a good feeling to be surrounded by people who already know where you're coming from.

Thanjks for the warm wishes