Welcome to After Silence - A message board and chat room for rape, sexual assault, and sexual abuse survivors.

Welcome to After Silence, a message board and chat room designed to help survivors communicate in the recovery of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and all types of sexual violence.

After Silence has over 30 different forums, ranging from topics created to discuss specific areas of healing and recovery from rape and sexual violence, as well as forums open to general discussions and lighter topics. Because we value the privacy of our members, most of our forums are private, which means that ONLY REGISTERED members have access to them. Please register for a free account to gain full access to the After Silence Online Support Group.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at aftersilence.org@gmail.com
Guest Message by DevFuse

Me=newbie

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dusk_*

Guest_dusk_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:40 PM

Hey, my name is Jen and I'm a survivor. I've never posted though I've been around here and other Tori boards. I am at a scary time in my life right now, facing deep shadows that haven't been out of the basement in awhile, some to do with being abused as a child and some not. I have no kindred spirits around anymore to share the growing pains and giggles with. Funny how when you are at your rawest times is when the crowds seem to clear the fastest. So I thought I would try coming here as us Tori people usually have the capacity to understand eachother. smile.gif
hoping and looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Edited by dusk, 07 July 2004 - 11:57 PM.

#2 Sookie

Sookie

caRISSa

• 699 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:24 AM

Hay welcome,i hope u find wot u need here-this is a warm lovin family.....

hug.gif & wub.gif
Sookie xoxox

#3 betty

betty

spero melior

• 891 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:08 AM

(Dusk) hug.gif
welcome to AS, i'm sorry you have a reason to be here but i am glad you have found us wub.gif

hope you find what you need

emmax

#4 Survivors sanctuary

Survivors sanctuary

We were beset by conflicts without and by fears within

• Contributing Member
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:20 AM

This place is full of kind,warm generous people, I wish we had no need of such a place but having got to know these guys I wouldn't have missed getting to know them one little bit..So I see that as a great positive straight away..
So I hope Dusk that you find some measure of comfort here and that it helps in any small way to your healing path hug.gif throb.gif

#5 Guest_yupgirl1_*

Guest_yupgirl1_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:43 AM

Welcome... I know how hard it is to be dealing with the past after you have been abused and it really has helped me to pour out my feelings here and to be supported and told that they are valid. It is a hard road to recovery but I have recently learned that it doesn't need to be alone. I hope you find this place to be helpful and a place with which you can express yourself. Congratulations on taking the step to meet others.
Sincerely, Krissy

#6 Guest_queenie_*

Guest_queenie_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

hug.gif Jen hug.gif

I am really sorry you are going through so much pain right now but we are all here for you in any way we can be. Welcome to after silence hun.

hug.gif
Jen

#7 mariposa

mariposa

<Reclaiming my wings>

• 1,970 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

Welcome, Jen!
hug.gif throb.gif hug.gif ,
Daniela.

#8 aquapit

aquapit

~Beauty is all around~

• 1,394 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

hug.gif Dusk hug.gif
Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry you have a reason to be here but I'm so happy you found us. I'm a huge Tori fan and have found that us Tori girls and guys do have a unique understanding of each other. I hope you find what you are looking for here... this is such a warm, supportive place to be. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. If you ever want to talk feel free to PM or email me.

Take precious care!

kitty.gif Tracy

#9 Lindy

Lindy

Running Princess

• Administrator
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

Welcome to After Silence, Dusk!

I'm glad you've found this amazingly supportive community. I'm also a huge Tori Fan smile.gif It's always nice to come across people who share similar interests.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

#10 Guest_dusk_*

Guest_dusk_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:49 PM

throb.gif
thank you to everybody for the warmest of welcomes. I've been posting and feel like there are people here who really understand and that is so rare or has been for me. It's difficult even writing on a computer to strangers about my life but I feel safe doing so here. I'm looking forward to talking more with everybody.

hug.gif

#11 your.beautiful.mistake

your.beautiful.mistake

beautiful.dreamer

• 1,229 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

((Dusk))

Welcome to AS. Hope you find what you need here. I'm always willing to talk.

<3
Alex

#12 phoenyx

phoenyx

Native Spirit in the wind

• 1,249 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

(((Dusk))) Warm welcome to you! I am sorry for all that you are going through. I am glad you have found us. The love and support from the ppl in this community is awesome hug.gif