Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

The New Girl...(could Trigger?)

hey everyone.

a friend from Livejournal pointed me to this board and i thought it might be helpful.

i'm 25 years old. i work as an advisor to college students and i am also a graduate student, studying creative writing. i write and publish zines and poems and stuff. i really really love my dog & my boyfriend.

so it's been almost 4 years since i was raped by this guy i knew. i also was sexually abused by an uncle when i was a little girl. i was diagnosed with PTSD. i don't know sometimes if i still have PTSD or not. i have made a lot of progress & i do pretty well with therapy and meds.

one of the main reasons i wanted to join this board is because i feel very alone sometimes and often feel like i lean on my boyfriend too much for support, because when i am hurting there are very few people i can turn to. i had a WONDERFUL relationship with a therapist for 2 years, he really did save me. he is now closing his practice and i have had to change therapists. my new therapist is alright, i don't know yet how much i think she can help me but i'm giving her a chance. i live in a small town and there are not many therapists here to choose from. i was lucky to get such a good one who really saved me and brought me out of the darkness...

but right now i'm hurting very badly at the loss of him and very afraid to go on without that support. i know i'll be ok somehow, but i'm very scared and i guess i could just use some extra support right now, which is why i came here.

:hug: Jessica :hug:

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry your hurting so much right now. Its great that you have such a wonderful boyfriend to support and help you through this. I'm sure its really scary having to change therapists after so long. Keep talking to us if you need. I hope AS helps you as much as it helps me :)

:hug::hug::hug:

Welcome jessica_rose!

I'm glad you came to ask support here, i hope you will find it, as i have.

I'm sorry your having a hard time, hope things will work out with your new T.

Again welcome :)

:hug:

Love,

SLG

Welcome Jessica!! We're the same age and have relatively the same career. What do ya know? I think this place is wonderfully supportive and I am glad that you have found it.

I know how hard it is to lose the person we rely on most for support. Trust me. And honestly, I don't have all the answers, I'm not even sure why I'm here today. But I would like to offer you ((((HUGS)))) and this is a place where you can tell your story and people will listen at least. I hope that you find peace soon Jessica!

Welcome to AS ....... :hug:

welcome to the boards sweetie :bighug:

~charlene~

(((Jess))) :hug::wub:

Welcome to AS honey. I'm really glad you decided to join - I think of all the boards I have known, AS is the most friendly and supportive, and I think it will help so much while you're working through this transition.

I'm here if you need anything :hug:

Ruthie

wow--thanks, everyone, for the very warm welcome. i look forward to getting to know all of you, and to being a support as well as being supported here.

:)

I think the isolation is one of the hardest aspects of dealing with abuse issues. I hope that being here brings you some comfort and helps you with your healing.

Take care

Stefka

Welcome to the board, Jessica! It truly is a wonderful group of people!!

Kelly