Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Finally Brave Enough To Say Hello. :)

Hello. :)

I'm Nikki... I've been a member for quite some time, possibly over a year, but I haven't been brave enough to post before.

I'm in the south of the UK and currently studying social sciences with the Open University. I love reading, writing, gardening, studying, music, being outdoors, crafts and all sorts of other wonderful things. I live with my girlfriend and hopefully soon a dog that we want to call Savannah.

My healing journey is one that I think I will always be on. I have bad days... Sometimes really horrific days, but I'm okay. I've had many years of therapy and hospitalisation, but it's taken me finally being referred to DBT (dialectal behavioural therapy) for me to really start healing myself and discovering my strength. I've nearly completed the year course now and feel like I'm learning new ways to live every day and that I'm maybe starting to accept myself, despite everything that has happened.

I'm acutely aware that I need to be very careful here, as I'm very easily triggered. For now I know I need to stay away from details and stories, but I hope that eventually I'll be able to read and stay safe, and perhaps share my own someday.

It's nice to find a safe space. :)

*edit* to say that according to the information under my name I have posted before. I don't remember what, but apparently the bravery has shown its face a few times. :)

Edited by SecretSomeone

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Nikki :)

Welcome to After Silence :)

I've heard some really amazing things about DBT, and am really happy to hear that it is helping you to find new ways to live and accept yourself - they sound like incredibly positive changes to me :)

I understand very much about needing to go at your own pace as regards reading and or posting here, and so I think it great that you look out for your needs and go as fast or slow as feels right for you :)

(Maybe we might get to see a pic of Savannah one day tho?)

Best Wishes

:flowers:

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found