Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Now?

I'm new, obviously. I was attacked 3 years ago. My boyfriend at the time blamed me. I think that's part of the reason I never told anyone about it. Recently I talked to a close friend who had been through the same thing. Since then I feel like everything is unravelling.

I thought I was fine, but now I feel like this just happened to me, like I'm just now going through it.

I've tried counseling but it didn't work for me.

I'm hoping this will help because talking to my friend who had been through it did.

That's all I guess. Thanks for listening.

welcome to AS sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

((((Beautiful Tragic))))

I thought I was fine, but now I feel like this just happened to me, like I'm just now going through it.

For me it took about 2 years or so before I actually truly faced it hun, I do know that for some it's even many more years and some right after the fact. Trauma is a strange thing and very hard to cope with. :hug:

I am glad that you do have a support system in your friend, that is an excellent step in healing. As is posting, I hope that you find the love and the comfort here as I have, though I don't doubt it for a minute hun.

Please keep safe and welcome to After Silence. :)

:hug: :hug:

Donna =)

Welcome to AS, I hope that you find it can help to be here .. :hug:

welcome to AS hune!!!!! :hug::wub::hug: i hope you find as much healing and relief as so many of us have here.

God bless,

kristine

Hi well im here for you if you need to talk sweetie!

where are u at in texas? because i live in san antonio

hope to here from you.

xoxoxo

ashley

Welcome to the group!! We are so glad you are here and have chosen to trust us enough to share!

Since then I feel like everything is unravelling. I thought I was fine, but now I feel like this just happened to me, like I'm just now going through it.

Keep in mind that, when your story was rejected before, you built elaborate mechanisms to help you carry on without healing. Now that you have told your story to someone who understands, your barriers are coming down. This is scary, but it is a good thing. It means that you can not only let the secret out, but you can let healing in.

Love & Hugs,

Kylee

((((((Beautiful_Tragic ))))))))

As }|{Btrflywngs}|{ said you have just now let your guard down and are begining your journey to healing. It isn't going to always be easy or be easy at all, but remember that you have your friend that you have already confided in and you now have us here at the board! Feel free to vent any time that you need to! whether good or bad, we care!

Again, welcome to the board!

:bighug::hug::hug::hug:

shelly :insane: