Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member Just Saying Hello

Hi - I'm a woman in my late 40's who entered private talk therapy recently in the belief that I was depressed and out of sorts with myself due to peri-menopausal symptoms. In this period of my life I was forced to look at and re-evaluate the patterns that have emerged over and over throughout my life, and have finally decided to dig deeper than the surface, stop applying my own brand of "bandaid" on my issues, and to finally come to terms with something that I honestly thought I'd moved beyond. LOL... and here I thought I was sooooo well adjusted.

Anyway. I am a long-term familial sexual abuse survivor who has recently discovered that no matter how many times I tell myself I am done with it and no matter how many ways I tell myself I am done with it, the abuse lives on inside of me like a wound that periodically produces its own poison and once and for all it needs to be fully drained instead of only just enough to relieve the pressure.

Thanks for having this site...hoping to get to know a few people and to share my story as my therapist insists I must, once and for all.

Welcome to AS!

I hope you learn that it's safe here, and you get rid of that wound once and for all. Although I've only been here a couple days, I feel that it's welcoming, and I like it here :)

I think until you confront it (your story) you may feel deeply hurt (maybe even uncomfortable, however you're feeling now)...But know that once you tell your story, it's still going to be hard until you get past the whole 'how will people take this'...Good news- being online gives you the privacy you need! After you get past it it'll help...it's one of the big steps in getting through the healing stage.

Although just because you share it it's not going to completely go away. It'll make dealing with it later on (even if it's just someone at work or seeing a TV show talk about it) a whole lot easier...

Best of luck and support and smile; I hope you find what you're looking for here and that you feel comfortable too!

~

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what has brought you here. I hope that you find the support and comfort you need here. If there is anything I can do for you do not hesitate to ask.

Much Comfort,

emt

Hey jujubee,

Welcome to Aftersilence! I am glad you found this site. My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at Aftersilence. If you have any questions about this site please do feel free to PM me. I'm here to help as much as I can!

I'm glad you are seeing a therapist:) Telling your story can be empowering. You know though things will get better once we do deal with it- it's a long journey, but well worth it:)

I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

Mandy

Welcome to After Silence, Jujubee!

I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here. I'm glad you have found us. I hope you find the support you deserve here, as you walk through the healing journey.

Take gentle care,

Lindy :tealribbon:

HI there. Just want to welcome you to After Silence. I certainly hope that this site gives you some relief, even if it's just a little. Also, I want you to know that you are not alone. I have experienced similar to what you just shared. 8 years of sexual abuse within the family, outside the family. And I spent my whole life(32 years) of being silent, trying to bury whatever it is that I bury. Only to come to find out that it makes me sick. So, it has to drain out somehow, just not sure how that somehow is. So, I am in the process of trying to figure this big mess out. And I really hate every minute of it. But, this site helps me to know that I am not alone.

Hugs, if ok,

Found

Hello jujubee, and welcome to AS. :)

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking the link below. :flowers:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.ph...c=54369&hl=

Hello I am woman in her early 20's. This is my very first post of this kind so please be patient with me. I was Sexually assaulted in October of 2007.

Hi there...you have come to the right place!!!!!! I've ony been here a short time myself and I feel so welcomed (and so much less isolated) than before. I hope you find the peace and heling you are looking for. This is a very special place filled with amazing and wonderful, supportive and non-judgmental people. :) :) :)

HI there. Just want to welcome you to After Silence. I certainly hope that this site gives you some relief, even if it's just a little. Also, I want you to know that you are not alone. I have experienced similar to what you just shared. 8 years of sexual abuse within the family, outside the family. And I spent my whole life(32 years) of being silent, trying to bury whatever it is that I bury. Only to come to find out that it makes me sick. So, it has to drain out somehow, just not sure how that somehow is. So, I am in the process of trying to figure this big mess out. And I really hate every minute of it. But, this site helps me to know that I am not alone.

Hugs, if ok,

Found

Thanks so much! Feeling less isolated is such a relief...especially after never talking about it for so soooo long. LOL my therapist is proud of me for finding this site on my own and for jumping in to finally dealing with my toxic sludge with both feet. No, it isn't very pleasant, the crying and whatnot. But it's all going to help in the long run, and better late than never!

I haven't been here long but am a firm believer in the positive energy generated by all of the kind and unconditionally supportive folks here.

Glad you're found now. Keep up the good work....we will all help each other rid ourselves of all of our draining needs. Thanks!

Hello I am woman in her early 20's. This is my very first post of this kind so please be patient with me. I was Sexually assaulted in October of 2007.

Hi there...you have come to the right place!!!!!! I've ony been here a short time myself and I feel so welcomed (and so much less isolated) than before. I hope you find the peace and heling you are looking for. This is a very special place filled with amazing and wonderful, supportive and non-judgmental people. :) :) :)

Thanks this is a wonderful site that is help me to understand some of the issues I am having.