Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Sleep

I am still kinda new here, tryin to reach a point of peace. I am havin a lot of trouble sleepin. Tomorrow marks two years since that day. It has been a month now since the trial ended and they let them go. They are out there free, and I can't get it outta my head. The nightmares are so bad sometimes, that the next day is almost like I am afraid to go to sleep at all. Then when I do finally fall asleep, I wake up screamin, fightin the pillows, with my dog goin crazy lookin for someone to bite, and there is no one there but me and my demons. Has anyone found a method that helps? I am fighting with it, struggling tryin not to get into trouble at work, because I am constantly late, and I can't seem to get it together. I love my job, and I don't want to let the people down that I work with, so I feel even more ashamed that I can't function well enough to do it well. Please help.

Hi Hevynn,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I am sorry for what you have gone through and are still experiencing.

I hope that you find comfort and support here, and I definitely know that you will find others who understand you here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

:yahoo:Yahoo, :aswelcomesu: !

:hug: We love :wub: you and are glad you've found AfterSilence!

:notalone:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Welcome to AS. :)

see if u can talk to someone about getting some Trazadone to help u sleep. It's an anti-depressant (non-addictive) that will give u a solid, sound 6-8 hrs of sleep. Start it on your day off until u see how u respond to it. It works VERY quickly at first... After u adjust, it'll ease u into sleep within 30 min or so. This is how it was for me. Now... It was yrs before I actually accepted meds as necessary because I was in crisis mode... And not once have I regretted my decision to use Traz in conjunction with my therapy... Haven't needed to take them in about a year... But I still have some just in case...

Hello and welcome to AS

We are a very caring compassionate group and theres always someone to relate to your experience and validate your feelinmgs..This is a place of unconditional acceptance.Im glad you found us and sorry for what youve been through to get you here.You matter to us here and we really do care

hugs to you

graice