Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello. I'm new here and I'm not really sure how much I will be able to open up about my story here. For one thing I would barely know where to begin as I have been through multiple situations in my life with different people. It's hard for me to face them and my usual recourse has been to ignore them and block them out, even though it's been a long time since the last time I experienced something like that, lately it has come back to haunt me.

I have a friend who urged me to seek out support and so I found this place, apparently he is very concerned about me.

Anyways I appreciate you welcoming me here. It's nice to know there is somewhere I can go where people understand. It helps to not feel so alone even if I may be unable to open up much about my experiences. I just have a lot of trust issues, anger, and fear along with a cluster of other emotions. Even know I'm scared to post this.

Anyways... I guess for now that is all. Just a hi and a thank you.

Edit: I think I probably put this in the wrong forum, I was going to delete it and re-post somewhere more suitable but I can't seem to figure out how to remove it.

Edited by Engelkatze

Hi Engelkatze,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. Don't worry about posting here, the mods can move it if they decide that's best. :) I can completely relate to having pushed things out of my thoughts, and then having them come back to haunt later. I think you'll find that many of us tried this, so it's great that you're here to work on your healing.

I'm sorry for the things you've had to endure, and hope you find our community to be a comforting, supportive place. Sharing is optional, and there is no pressure to tell your story, or anything about yourself that makes you feel uncomfortable. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I look forward to getting to know you over time. Take care, and welcome. :):hug:

Hey Engelkatze, welcome to AS!!

First of all, I'm very sorry that you're having a rough time, and that you've had to experience what you have. Don't worry if you can't share all of your story right away--many people wait a long time before they can open up that much.

It sounds like you've come to the right place--AS is pretty brilliant, and it's been a great help to me! Don't forget to read the rules, and have fun posting! (Don't forget that we have fun topics too, and the chat room. :) )

:hug: :hug: :hug: (If Okay!)

DreamHaze

Thank you guys for being so kind and understanding. It's just nice to have somewhere that people truly understand how difficult these things can be, plus having a place to read some very interesting and very funny posts. Glad to be here. :flowers::hug:

Hello, i hope you find the support you need here. I know what you mean about trying to ignore things, i've done that too, but it never works well for long so i'm glad you've found your way here. I only just joined recently too after my latest spell of trying to bury my head in the sand!

welcome to AS engelkatze!

Welcome to AS :bighug:

Hi Engelkatze

Welcome to AS..Its nice to have you with us...Im so sorry that you went through the hell that has lead you here to AS but so glad you found us and are here with us...

Take your time hon....No pressure

thinking of you

hugs

graice