Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Glad To Be Here!

I can't believe I waited this long to find a support site. In all my years in the IT business, you would have thought I would have done this earlier.

I have been really struggling lately with my healing process. My perp is near the end of his life and I have left so much unsaid to him. Now, his mental state is so that even if I got to say what I wanted, he wouldn't have a clue to who I was. That, of course, just makes me even more angry!

Anyway, I look forward to having a supportive community by my side as I continue on my journey. It has been a long, hard path that I have done, for the most part, on my own...until now.

Hi Lilly,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

It's great to have you with us, hun, but I'm sorry for the reasons you have to be here. This is great place to get support and care during your healing, and I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. You don't have to do this alone, hun, we're here for you!! :)

Take all the time you need to look around and get to know us. There's no rush here, no pushing and no judging either. You can be you, and that is always good enough, b/c you matter, your story matters, and your feelings matter. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Feel free to ask questions when you have them, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

[edit for typo]

Edited by Saltywaters

Hi Lilly

Welcome to AS hon....Im glad you found us while at the same time Im sorry for the trauma history in your life..We are a wonderful caring bunch of folks here..Im glad your with us now...I hope you find this a place of support and comfort as I have....

hugs to you

graice

Hi Lilly,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what brought you here, but I am glad you found us. you are no longer alone. You will find kindness and support. I am sorry you no longer have the chance to confront your offender. I didn't get to do that either. However, I believe that it is not a condition for healing.

Best wishes on your healing journey,

Holly :luck:

Hi Lilly!

Welcome to AS!!! I'm sorry you've had to find a site like this but I'm glad that we can help you. This is a wonderful community and so supportive of eachother. Take your time at getting to know everyone as it can be a little overwhelming at first. And when you're ready, you'll feel right at home. I know I do.

Welcome to AS!

Sending warm thoughts and safe hugs (if okay) your way. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Broken