Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, Another New Member...

Hi. I'm very grateful to have found this site and everyone here who has the courage to post. This site appears to take alot of measures to provide a safe forum and I really appreciate that.

To tell you about me;

38 years old, survivor of physical, emotional, sexual abuse. Mother alcoholic, recovering since I was 18. She's bi-polar, under my care, etc. I'm a food addict - been with Overeaters Anon for 3+ years, maintaining 100+ lbs weight loss. I'm married, first time (met on match.com :) ). Just gave birth to a gorgeous little boy. And that is why I am here.

The reason for my "name" last_two38 is because I have been saying lately that OA has helped me "clean house" except for two closets. My last two closets deal with my sexual abuse background and God. Well, when my son was born, the abuse chatter really kicked in to high gear. Abusive thoughts towards him and others all over the place. So, I knew it was time to finally deal with this part of my life. I've told my husband, mother-in-law, sponsor, lots of people actually, so I have a safety net around me, and more importantly for my son.

To start "cleaning" I'm currently in the process of looking for a counselor. One I was just starting with isn't going to work - styles/processes don't mesh. Hopefully the one I'm talking to on Monday is better. Also, it was time I reached out and started connecting with others regarding these abuse issues. Thus this place appears to be a wonderful, safe way to start.

I tell friends it took 3 years of gettng healthy to be able to start dealing with these issues. I'm grateful for that and look forward to making friends here. God knows, this is going to be probably one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Thank you for reading,

Hugs

Hello and WELCOME to AS. I think you will certanally find what you are looking for here.

I'm sorry there is a need for you to join this board... but I'm glad you did it!

I hope you find the help you need.

Congratulations on your baby. :)

Hi and welcome to AS. The birth of my daughter was my first indicator that I needed to get the past sorted out. I left it another 6 years - so well done to your realising and then doing something so good for yourself and your son. I hope the new councellor works out for you.

Karen

im glad you've found AS. welcome and i hope you find all the support you need. xxx

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. :throb: Wow, I can say that just the few days of being here, reading and a little posting is already easing the painful grip on my heart.

I meet a new counselor this Thursday. ~ugh~ I hope it works. I soooooo hate the getting to know you phase. Wish me luck!

Edited by last_two38