Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I spent a long time in deep thought about what happened and couldn’t interact as much as I used to. Today, I’m taking a step toward healing the part of me that lost contact with the world as a result of trauma. I hope that this message board can assist in some way toward my healing journey. Thank you for being here.. When it says after silence, I know what it means because I was silent for a while and now I’m here.

Hi RisingSun7.

Welcome to After Silence. I am very sorry that you have reasons to be here, but glad that you have found us. This community is filled with so many supportive, understanding and kind people. You are not alone.

Trauma can indeed change your outlook on life and even how you see others...and yourself. There is a huge toll we pay for the awful choices of others. It isn't fair, but it is up to us to face the struggles they have caused and try to move forward on the healing path. We deserve better and we support and encourage each other to do just that. Move forward. 

Feel free to take a look around the community. Interact with others as you feel ready too. 

I wish you the best on finding your footing here and moving forward down this path of healing. You truly do deserve a better tomorrow. 

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome :aswelcomesu:

I was silent for a long time too. I was so nervous when I made my first post. I’m not a social person either so it wasn’t easy at first. Now I’m pretty much a person greeter. Very different from the person I use to be. I hope this place helps you learn and grow like it did for me.