Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Misery loves company

Hi. I’m continuing on my healing journey and think it’s a good idea for me to connect with other who can maybe understand a bit of what I’m going through- thinking, feeling, struggling. I’m in a safe environment now that I’ve built for myself and I’m doing EMDR therapy which is going to help. I’ve started to remember now the things that happened to me during my childhood. I always had the feelings and PTSD symptoms, but I’m starting to really see why. And to be frank, it’s horrendous. I don’t know anyone who’s gone through anything remotely similar. I just want to know that there are people out there who have gone through similar things. People who haven’t given up on themselves and want to survive through this. 

Welcome to this safe place.  Sorry for all that has happened to you.  Know you are not alone.  Glad to hear you have started your healing journey and are in therapy.

Welcome to AS, juju. ❤️ I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm sorry for what you've experienced. No one should go through what you've gone through. I'm so sorry that you struggle with PTSD. I hope that EMDR therapy will continue to help you. It's really difficult to heal, but you can do it. We're all here for you. You're not alone! Best wishes to you on your healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Hi juju and welcome.

I am very sorry you have need to be here, but glad you decided to reach out. The abuse you endured was undeserved and unfair. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding members. You are not alone.

It takes courage to face the struggles associated with the memories of what happened to you. The path of healing can be difficult, but it is worth it...you are worth it. 

Feel free to look around and interact where you feel comfortable. We are here for you.

Wishing you the best as you continue down the path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

@juju13  I am sorry that you have been through trauma but I am glad you found yourself here.  I am glad that you have been able to build a safe environment for yourself and are having success in therapy.  Those are both wonderful resources for your healing journey.  As Finchy said... it's hard work, but it is worth it.