Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!!!

4sa

I've commented on a few posts and even tentatively made one of my own, but mostly I've been lurking and taking comfort in reading the stories of others and appreciating their similarities to mine. But I think breaking my silence is an important step.

I wanted to properly say hi and make an effort to connect. Vulnerability is difficult, almost impossible, but it helps doing it here, knowing other people are going through what I'm going through and can be understanding. That eases the fear.

Thank you for the opportunity to be here and share my journey with you all. I want to step out of the darkness and be brave.

Hello, @4sa, and welcome to AS!

One of the things (and there are many!) that I love about this site is that you set your own pace.  I know a lot of this can be overwhelming to take in, but I am hopeful that you will find tons of support here as well as comfort, peace and healing. :)   It is truly amazing what a difference being around those who can relate can make.

Take gentle care of yourself - looking forward to getting to know you and supporting you in the journey!

Best wishes,

- Cap

59 minutes ago, 4sa said:

I've commented on a few posts and even tentatively made one of my own, but mostly I've been lurking and taking comfort in reading the stories of others and appreciating their similarities to mine. But I think breaking my silence is an important step.

I wanted to properly say hi and make an effort to connect. Vulnerability is difficult, almost impossible, but it helps doing it here, knowing other people are going through what I'm going through and can be understanding. That eases the fear.

Thank you for the opportunity to be here and share my journey with you all. I want to step out of the darkness and be brave.

Welcome to After Silence 4sa! I am Wanna :flowers: 

I've previously sent you a welcoming PM to be found in your inbox, feel free to reach out any time. 

I understand that being vulnerable is difficult, especially at such a personal level. You decide what to share here and when, take your time. Please know that we believe you and that whatever happened doesn't define you in the least. As you may have noticed, we discuss a little bit of everything here, from trauma related topics and coping methods to just general life. We do have fun here, especially in the Humor and Silliness forum, or share our creative hobbies in the Healing Through Creativity forum. All kinds of emotions fit in here, so feel free to be just yourself. 

You can always contact me or any staff member of choice through PM for assistance, questions or some extra company. We've got you :notalone:

Take gentle care, 

W ☀️

Dear 4sa

Welcome to After Silence. I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much. Everyone is so caring and supportive here. I am proud of you for reaching out. I know that is hard to do. I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community. Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Hello and welcome to AS, 4sa! ❤️ I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry for what you've experienced, but you aren't alone. I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself, too. :) 

I see you like video games...what are you playing right now? Or do you have some favorites? I'm a gamer, and I always love seeing other members here that mention video games! 😄 

Best wishes on your healing journey.

-Finchy

On 11/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, Finchy said:

I see you like video games...what are you playing right now? Or do you have some favorites? I'm a gamer, and I always love seeing other members here that mention video games! 😄 

Fallout New Vegas, Resident Evil 8 and The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe are some of my favorite games of all time!

Up until recently I was playing Baldur's Gate 3 and loving it, but due to some identity breakthroughs I had recently, I've kind of set it aside for now for my health. I really hope to get back to it though!

So these past few weeks I've only been playing Roblox with my younger sister lol. Low stakes, low stress, just running around playing different things.

What about you? What games are you into/playing right now? You can DM me if you'd prefer.