Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Jen0902

Hello. I am new here and a little confused how things work here. I am a childhood sexually abused survivor. I'm now 35 and I finally have came out and told my story. I am here for support, I coped as a child but now that my story is out I have been having a hard time with it.

Hi Jen.

Welcome to the community. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured as a child and the struggles you that are a result of that. It is very brave to come out with your experience. It's not an easy thing for any survivor to do. I understand that it still comes with difficulties, even if it's no longer being held in. You will find a lot of understanding and support here. You are not alone. 

Feel free to look around the site, and when you are comfortable, start interacting with others or post more threads of your own. The Gathering Place and the Aftermath forums are our most interactive forums, so maybe start there. 

I wish you the very best as you continue this journey, we call healing. 

Mary

:notalone: 

On 9/29/2023 at 9:41 PM, Jen0902 said:

Hello. I am new here and a little confused how things work here. I am a childhood sexually abused survivor. I'm now 35 and I finally have came out and told my story. I am here for support, I coped as a child but now that my story is out I have been having a hard time with it.

Hello Jen0902 and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

You've come to the right place. Our community offers support, the opportunity to connect with fellow survivors, and an invitation to share at your own pace. You decide what you'd like to put up here and not. While we all carry our unique stories, we tend to relate to each other here. You can also talk about just life in general, and as you may have noticed, we discuss a lot of different topics here. 

Just throw me or any staff member a PM if you would have questions or need a chat. We are here to help you to get started. 

Take care

- W ☀️

Hi, Welcome to after silence. I'm so sorry for what you have been through. You aren't alone. 

I hope you find AS safe and supporting. There are a lot of wonderful understanding people here to talk to. 

💛