Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello there, I'm new, nice to meet you all!

It's also still new for me to open up about this part of my childhood life openly, never in a million years did I think that I would be here where I am. Healing and acceptance is still new to me, even though I went to therapy for a long time. 

I decided to sign up here when I realized how lonely and isolated I truly am, to try to meet and connect to new people who went through similar experiences that can have a better understanding of things I went through and going through and can relate to that.

QDear notacreativeusername

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @Notacreativeusername to After Silence.  I like your username, I think it's clever.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  I'm pretty isolated too and being here has been helpful for me so hopefully you will have the same experience.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

7 hours ago, Notacreativeusername said:

It's also still new for me to open up about this part of my childhood life openly, never in a million years did I think that I would be here where I am. Healing and acceptance is still new to me, even though I went to therapy for a long time. 

I decided to sign up here when I realized how lonely and isolated I truly am, to try to meet and connect to new people who went through similar experiences that can have a better understanding of things I went through and going through and can relate to that.

Welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna, nice to meet you :flowers:

First off all, I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and pain. Please know that you carry no guilt in this, and that we believe you.

This community is a great place for reaching out, relate and bond with other survivors. Every story is unique, but we tend to relate to each other here. You share whatever you feel comfortable with, in the pace that suits you. Nothing is too big or too little to be posted here. Our members form a wonderful support system. 

Please let me know if you would have any questions or need a chat/vent. Have a look around, I hope you find what you seek. :aswelcomesu:

All best,

Wanna ☀️

Hi Notacreativeusername,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry for what you've been thru, it was so wrong and undeserved. You have found a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. 

You can take your time and look around. There is never pressure to share more than you are comfortable. You will see tho, just by reading, you can relate to so many...and they to you, in experience or struggles. It's sad yet comforting to know that we are all traveling this road together. I am glad you have found us.

I wish you the best as you begin this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

On 1/5/2022 at 4:26 AM, Notacreativeusername said:

Good for you. I can relate to feeling isolated and alone with my feelings from my csa…I’m new too, but have definitely found it helpful. I hope you do too.

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for your kind messages and pleased to meet all of you!

It took me a while to figure out how this site works, as I've never used a forum before, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now :)

On 1/13/2022 at 2:40 PM, Mic said:

Good for you. I can relate to feeling isolated and alone with my feelings from my csa…I’m new too, but have definitely found it helpful. I hope you do too.

First steps always seem to be the hardest ones to make. Let's hope for the best for all of us in this journey!

Edited by Notacreativeusername
Mistake in last sentence
5 hours ago, Notacreativeusername said:

Thank you all for your kind messages and pleased to meet all of you!

It took me a while to figure out how this site works, as I've never used a forum before, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now :)

First steps always seem to be the hardest ones to make. Let's hope for the best for all of us in this journey!

You can contact us staff or the Help Desk regarding any questions. You'll find the Help Desk among the other forums at the forum's index. I am happy you are back here!