Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, and thank you for accepting me onto this platform! I have thought about finding a group of people who I could converse with and feel accepted and understood for so long now.

I would just like to say I am so happy to be here and hopefully can talk about what’s happened to me and maybe lift some of this weight of my shoulders.

I was sexually abused as a child and have suppressed it for so long, but in the last year finally came out about it not only to my family, but also to the perpetrator. 

I look forward to getting to know everyone and being able to share my story. I want everyone else to know that I am here for you and understand what it feels like. 

Warm Regards,

Green

Welcome home. I'm so sorry for what you've been through. The pain is unimaginable.

We're all here for you, always. Feel free to reach out anytime

Welcome, Green!  

I am so sorry to learn about what has brought you here.  It is my sincerest hope that you will find yourself surrounded by kind, supportive people who can relate and that being here will provide some much-needed comfort.

You'll soon hear from a member of the Newbie Support Team with helpful information on how to navigate AS, but until then, know I am just a holler away if you need anything. :) 

Best wishes,

- Capulet

Welcome Green! I'm glad that you found your way here. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people in this community. You're not alone. ❤️ I'm so sorry though for what you went through as a child. It was undeserved and certainly not your fault. I'm so sorry. But it sounds like you're working on healing, which is great.

I'm wishing you all the best. Take your time exploring the site, and reach out whenever you need to. :) 

-Finch

Hi Green,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the abuse you experienced as a child. It was unfair and undeserved. It is also very difficult to process child, especially as a child. It is not uncommon to suppress what hurt us and do not understand. You are brave, not only for reaching out, but for sharing with your family and to confront your abuser! Much respect to you for having that courage. 

Feel free to look around and interact where you feel is right. You are allowed to go at your own speed and only share what is comfortable for you. You will find support tho, as this community has many supportive and understanding members. I wish you the best on your continuing journey. 

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome! As one new member to another I'm glad you're here and so sorry you have reason to be. It's really, really rough when these things come back up after so long. Everyone here is so kind and I hope it helps just knowing you're not going through this alone.

Dear green

Welcome to After Silence.  I am sorry to hear of the trauma you have been through!

Being here has helped me so much.   Everyone is so caring and supportive here.  I am proud of you for reaching out.  I know that is hard to do.  I also know that you will find that needed compassion and support here within our community.  Know we are here for you and we will listen whenever you would like to lean on us.    

Take care and please do not hesitate to ask for any help if you ever need it.  

Thank you everyone for your kind words and compassion. I never dreamed of ever getting out of the situation I was in, let alone coming out about what happened and receiving such support and understanding from others. This really touches my heart and makes me feel as if I’m not alone in the aftermath of what happened.

Everyone here, I’m sure, knows how the effects of abuse can have on an individual. I know how debilitating and hopeless being abused can make me feel, and I can only guess how much pain and heartache everyone else has had to face.

I’m so thankful to be here, and to be able to build relationships with others that have faced the same situations.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my post and I look forward to speaking with you in the future ❤️

Welcome @GreenHairDontCare to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.