Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here!

Her23

Hi all - my therapist told me years ago to join one of the forums years ago or a support group but it was way too hard in the past. I’m trying to branch out, make connections and further process what happened. I’m glad to have found AS and some of the amazing people I’ve chatted with so far. Sending positive thoughts to everyone here. 

Hello and welcome Her23.

I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you have found us. You will find this a very supportive site with many understanding members. You are not alone, as you've been able to see so far. It can take time to figure when you are ready to reach out, I was like that too. It took me many years to find my way here, but I was glad that I did. I hope you find it the same way. This is a comforting and healing place to be.

Take your time and look about. Jump in where you feel the most comfortable in doing so. I wish you many many forward steps as you continue your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Dear her23

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Thank you all for your amazing support and kind words! It’s been 12 years and I’m feeling a bit more in control and see some *positives* in the future! Would love to connect with some folks about their healing journey and how they got through hiccups along the way.

hope everyone is doing well! 

Welcome @Her23 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.