Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hi this is my first time on one of these. It's been a long time since what happened but the person tried contacting me recently. All the old emotions and memories came flooding back. 

Hi Nc0430,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry that you have experienced a trauma and are struggling. I cannot imagine a bigger trigger than the abuser trying to reestablish contact. I do hope that you are able to put in place ways where he is blocked from getting thru to you. He does not deserve to be in your life after what he has done. Do know that you will find support and understanding here. Hopefully making connections will help as you deal with these struggles.

Feel free to look around and begin to interact where and when you feel comfortable. There is no pressure, but we are here for you when ready. I wish you many steps forward as you move down this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello @Nc0430 and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

First off, I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and pain. Please know that none of it was your fault and that we fully believe you. This is a safe place to connect with fellow survivors and find a way to share (what you would like to), relate and exchange advice. We talk about pretty much anything here, from trauma and coping to plain everyday life.

Wherever you're at in your healing journey, we are happy to have you! :notalone:

If this person is trying to contact you, make sure to stay safe. Remember that health goes first, that's mental health too. You're not alone in this. 

Staff is available for questions, a chat/vent or if you would need anything at all. 

Wishing you the very best

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome to AS, @Nc0430! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry, though, for what you've gone through. It doesn't matter when the trauma happened, it is difficult and painful to handle and live with. You are very strong for reaching out here. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry that the person tried contacting you again. That is very frightening. All of the emotions and memories pop up...I've been there before. Please stay safe. Block them if you can. 

Take your time exploring the site. I wish you all the best. Sending you support!!

-Finch

Dear nc0430

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hi, @Nc0430 - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you're struggling right now with that person contacting you. I know that's very difficult to deal with. I'm hoping that by being here, you will find support for all of the memories and flashbacks you're dealing with. Sometimes it helps me just to post and let that stuff out instead of holding it in. And when you post here, you will also get feedback from people that understand and support you. 

Post when you feel comfortable, though. There's no pressure here. If you need anything, I'm just a quick message away any time! Please reach out of you need to. 

Best of luck,
Poppy

Welcome @Nc0430 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.