Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new here!

Hi,

I made an account on AS a few years back but haven't felt ready to talk on the forms until recently. I started therapy again a little while ago and I'm hoping to connect to some other survivors as I finally start to heal. looking forward to getting to know this amazing community.

-Q

Dear poet

I would like to welcome you back  to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

6 hours ago, poet-survivor said:

Hi,

I made an account on AS a few years back but haven't felt ready to talk on the forms until recently. I started therapy again a little while ago and I'm hoping to connect to some other survivors as I finally start to heal. looking forward to getting to know this amazing community.

-Q

Hello poet-survivor, I am Wanna :flowers: I wanted to offer my warmest welcomes, glad you found your way back here! 

Only you can decide when it's time to share. With a community and the right help, you can get a chance to have a dialog about your experiences. It is also a valuable opportunity to  receive valuable information and exchange advice. Something to fall back on during your recovery. If you have gotten the chance to browse the web a bit, you'll probably noticed that we talk about anything here. You are invited to share whatever you want when you feel comfortable to.

I am happy to hear that you feel like you are starting to heal. I am truly and deeply sorry for your trauma. :supportu:

I wish you best of luck on therapy as well, that you will feel understood and heard. If you would  have questions or need advice, support, anything at all, us staff always has doors open. 

Stay safe, and take good care

- Wanna ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Hi Q,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you a few years ago, but you will find much support and compassion here. I am very glad you remembered us now, after registering a couple years ago. Sometimes you need the right moment to reach out and I'm glad you decided now was the right time. Do know what happened to you was not your fault. You never deserved to be hurt.

Take your time looking around, as I know you probably didn't get much of a chance before we were down for three days. It was unexpected, but we are running well again, so feel free to see how not alone you really are. Interact where you feel comfortable.

I wish you nothing but the best as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Missfrier, Wanna, Mary,

Thank you for all your support and welcome! It's good to see the forms back up. It really means a lot to receive such support and I hope that I'll be able to return as much with time.

stay safe and well,

Q

Welcome @poet-survivor to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.