Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi ! I feel like I shouldn’t be here to be honest .

Hi , I’m new here . I have been deliberating for so long if I should get this app or not .I don’t know where to start . I feel I shouldn’t be here because what Happened to me wasn’t done by an adult but by an older child . I won’t go into the full story but it has been painful 17 years . I’m at my lowest point in my life . I’m suffering with depression and I have literally no friends that I can talk to . Sorry for venting on here when it’s supposed to be an introduction . I have read some of your stories and I think you are all amazing , brave survivors . I feel I don’t belong here .But  I just feel like I need some sort of support . Feel free to ignore this . But hello everyone . I’m not sure if I will get any surprise but being apart of this is good enough for me . Thank you . 

Hi, @Lolamedas - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you were hurt and it does not matter if the person was an older child or an adult - assault is assault. I can assure you that this is a safe place to relinquish your hurts and find comfort in support during the hard times. I know depression is hard and it's even harder when you feel that you have no one you can talk to. I want you to know that I am here and you can talk to me any time you'd like :) 

If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to reach out to me! I'm here for you any time. 

Hugs, 
Poppy

Welcome @Lolamedas to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  It doesn't matter how old the person who abused you was, your feelings are still valid.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Lolamedas

Welcome to AS.  You are more than welcome here.  I'm sorry for the experiences you have had in your life.  You did not deserve what happened to you and it was not your fault.  The feelings you have are valid and you will heal from this.  We are all here to support each other, so post whenever you feel comfortable.  Remember that you are stronger and braver than you believe. 

On 10/18/2019 at 4:47 PM, Lolamedas said:

Hi , I’m new here . I have been deliberating for so long if I should get this app or not .I don’t know where to start . I feel I shouldn’t be here because what Happened to me wasn’t done by an adult but by an older child . I won’t go into the full story but it has been painful 17 years . I’m at my lowest point in my life . I’m suffering with depression and I have literally no friends that I can talk to . Sorry for venting on here when it’s supposed to be an introduction . I have read some of your stories and I think you are all amazing , brave survivors . I feel I don’t belong here .But  I just feel like I need some sort of support . Feel free to ignore this . But hello everyone . I’m not sure if I will get any surprise but being apart of this is good enough for me . Thank you . 

Hi Lolamedas,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you 17 years ago. Do know you are accepted here and many survivors feel these uncertain feelings when they join. Your pain and your struggles are validated. You will find support, understanding and kindness. Please know that you are not alone. It takes a brave person to reach out when they feel they are struggling. Do know you are not alone. I wish you the best on this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: