Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello new here

Hello im new and this my first post im 37 have a lovely 3yo lo and new out of a abusive relationship last attack was sexual. My head hurts with thoughts my heart is heavy and my frustration and anger seems to be self directed as disappointment at not having the courage to open my mouth when my neighbours heard assault and called the police. Ex was in the property at time and was asked outright by police in front of him I did the head shake and no reply police were disappointed and questioned what kind of relationship im in to which I told them to see themselves out I couldn't ex made it perfectly clear he had mates and even offered me to one of officers who was monitoring things in app whilst neighbours were questioned  sad but true have sought legal representative and trying to carry on but some days hurt more than others would like to see a therapist as want this out if me and to process this in a healthy way thank you 

Hi Charleycat,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you that you have experience. It's not easy to speak up, you aren't alone there. I'm just surprised that when your ex made an offer like that to an officer, that officer didn't do anything...even if you weren't able to. Seems like bribery to me. You have found a safe and supportive site with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. Reaching out is a big step, and I wish you well as you continue on this healing journey.

:notalone:

Mary

I'm no expert on relationships, but my mom has been unhappily married to her current husband for 13 years now. She depends on his pension check but then he's financially irresponsible so it almost counter balances the money he brings in. Plus he likes to gamble. A complete waste of money. Just last night my brother was arguing with him because my step dad thought I hit my sisters dog. All I was trying to do was grab her and then hug her. Same as I do with my other dog when she barks at something. It shuts her up and I get to cuddle with her.

There are a lot of people out there in bad relationships. :notalone:

Thank you all for your kindness its not easy to be accepting of kindness when you feel like you belong in the gutter but I keep going maybe it's meds emotional roller coaster otherwise. :blink:

I have pm mary  

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found us. I've seen how difficult it can be to come forward about many things. Others think it's easy, but it never is easy for the person living the experience. I hope you'll find our community supportive and informative. We're not here to judge anyone.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu: