Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

The truth is the truth

Where I stand this day 45 years later is the result of a sexual abuse by two individuals and maybe even worse the years following of taunting, making fun and harassment by the other kids. My mind did what it needed to survive but it also cost me a life. Just eating, breathing and working are not a life. The truth is what it is, like it or not. 5 days ago my mind set changed, many puzzle pieces fell together in many areas. Just because of a song. I never forgot what happened but my mind usually kept the pain away. Will fill in the puzzle in my story forum.

Welcome to AS. I am glad you found the community.  This has to be a very difficult time for you. You are brave to look for support. Working through the pain is very difficult,  but you can do it. We are here to listen. :aswelcomesu: 

18 hours ago, silence1970 said:

Where I stand this day 45 years later is the result of a sexual abuse by two individuals and maybe even worse the years following of taunting, making fun and harassment by the other kids. My mind did what it needed to survive but it also cost me a life. Just eating, breathing and working are not a life. The truth is what it is, like it or not. 5 days ago my mind set changed, many puzzle pieces fell together in many areas. Just because of a song. I never forgot what happened but my mind usually kept the pain away. Will fill in the puzzle in my story forum.

Hi silence,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. I understand the about pushing the pain away (33 years for me), but I found it is not a cure, just a band-aid...a temporary solution. Our traumas do effect the way we act, think, and feel on almost everything, and facing it is probably the hardest and the most healing thing you can do. This site was my first step to healing, and I hope it will be for you, too. We learn, share, and support one another and one of the biggest things I've learned is none of us is alone. You are not alone. I wish you well on your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu: