Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi,

I just joined today. I started my healing journey 3 years ago. I have been through a lot and while I have an amazing therapist, sometimes she just doesn't understand what I'm going through. No one really does. I'm not ready for a face to face group so I'm hoping this will be a better alternative for me. I really need support and to know that I'm not going through all this alone. I read a few of the other "welcome" messages and this seems to be a good place to continue my journey.

FireJade

Hi,

I just joined today. I started my healing journey 3 years ago. I have been through a lot and while I have an amazing therapist, sometimes she just doesn't understand what I'm going through. No one really does. I'm not ready for a face to face group so I'm hoping this will be a better alternative for me. I really need support and to know that I'm not going through all this alone. I read a few of the other "welcome" messages and this seems to be a good place to continue my journey.

FireJade

Welcome Firejade :hi:

I'm glad to hear you have an amazing therapist...that is so important to have a great one to help as you work to heal! Even so, it is understandable that she doesn't understand all that you are going through and that yes, nobody really can. However, in some small way I think you may find members here on AS whose understanding will resonate as we are all survivors who have gone through a multitude of different suffering before landing here.

We can support each other, listen and hear each other, and brainstorm options and choices for you. I hope AS (After Silence) will be a small part of the compassionate support network you deserve to help you heal. :doctor:

With care,

Activist Ally

welcome. i have been here a very short time myself and so far it has been a great place for me to finally relate to other people. it can be very lonely being someone who has been abused in a world of people who just dont understand what you are going through and think you need to do things normal people can do.

Hello FireJade,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but I am happy you have started the healing journey. You will find understanding and kind members to walk with you in this part of your journey. You are very right that you are not alone. I wish you continued success on your journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome to AS. I don't think group therapy is a requisite for healing. You will find what works for you! You will be amazed at how much everyone can relate to each other just on this online forum.

Thanks all for your kind words. Sometimes I feel very lost on this journey despite having been on this road for 3 years. Sometimes I feel like I should be doing more but trying not to put too much into those thoughts. There are some great boards on this site so I'm hoping to find even more support.