Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hurting Inside, Smiling Outside

Hey all. I'm new to this site and not really sure what I'm trying to get out of this website, but I hope it something that will make my heart stop hurting so much. I'm 26 and never told anyone about my abuse twenty years ago until last thursday. I'm crying even right now (but it feels GREAT to finally be able to cry about it). My issues have not been a source of utter dysfunction for me untill recently (i am in nursing school & rape/sexual abuse has been our focus this semester) and I finally told my doctor b/c I was starting to crack up. I'm sorry if i am going on too much but i don't know where to start in the healing process.

Welcome to AS. I hope you find the support you're looking for.

Don't push yourself on 'where to start'. A very wise person, from here even, once told me 'Dont push yourself. Let it flow, once you start the words will fall in order.' You'll know when its time to get it out, and how. Be patient with yourself... :hug:

Welcome to AS!! Take your time posting :)

Kelly

hey sweetie,

i'm pretty new here too but everyone's been so lovely to me, i'm sure you'll find some support here :) x Lina x

I'm sorry if i am going on too much but i don't know where to start in the healing process.

((((Gail))))

I'd say joining this forum is a good first step. As the others have said, it will happen when it's time. This is an incredible place for information, support, companionship, and healing. I hope that you will also find this is true.

:hug:

Meg

Welcome honey!

I am 30 and only found all the pain of my abuse last year. It was buried so deep that I was living as the person I should be instead of the person I am.

Dont ever feel you go on too much ..you cant here.

:greet::greet::greet:

Soph