Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi Ego,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the abuse you suffered and angry that your abuser would track you down like that. You will find everyone here supportive and understanding. You are not alone on this healing journey. I wish you the best.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi Ego. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! I found mine on FB and it was terrible - seeing him again brought everything back up and I don't know if I was glad I went looking or not. You can get through this, I promise! Flashbacks really suck, maybe you could try to write about them, or draw out what it is you're seeing? For me, writing them out in as much detail as I was able really helped me to move past them or at least lessened them in intensity. If you feel up to it, post about it in the main forum (Gathering Place) and everyone will be sure to support you there too :)

Hi Ego,

Welcome to AS :aswelcomesu:

Flashbacks can be very traumatic.

I am sorry that he tracked you down on Facebook, but at least you did not meet him in person.

Feel free to talk as much as you like here, the group is very friendly and supportive :wub:

You are not alone.

Sending you Support :notalone::supportu:

You CAN Heal and Recover :youcanheal:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) from the NST (Newbie Support Team). We're here to help if you need anything so
please feel free to message me if you have questions okay?

With support,

Activist Ally