Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not Really Sure What To Write

Hello I guess? I'm a 23 (almost 24) year old female from the United States. I guess I'm a survivor now for about eight years. I was only 15 and it was my first boyfriend. I didn't understand what had happened and why I was so upset and afraid until maybe two and a half years ago. Since then it's been really hard to accept this and move on. I've seen a therapist but it's hard to talk about this issue with her. I recently moved to Japan and now I can no longer afford therapy and the person I had seen is back in the US. While I'm very happy to be living my dream, the bad thoughts and memories keep floating up and it's hard to make them stop. So I thought I'd look for some help online.

Neko

You've made a good choice, and a huge step...and while none of us are "therapies" (at least I'M not...someone may be, I don't know for sure)...AS, has proven to me to be a completely safe, and "therapeutic" forum. I came to this forum after an extremely bad experience on another online forum, so it took me a long time to try again.

It is hard for some to open up, but there is no pressure to do so, it's certainly not a requirement , and you'll find that people are gentle and the moderators caring.

Welcome, and may you find AS the safe place you need right now.

Take Gentle Care....

Neko, welcome.

Look around, no pressure. We've all been were you are, new and unsure. NeedPeace is absolutely right when she says this a safe and therapeutic place. I didn't know what to expect, but I am glad that we have all found this place. You are not alone and you are able to heal.

Hello I guess? I'm a 23 (almost 24) year old female from the United States. I guess I'm a survivor now for about eight years. I was only 15 and it was my first boyfriend. I didn't understand what had happened and why I was so upset and afraid until maybe two and a half years ago. Since then it's been really hard to accept this and move on. I've seen a therapist but it's hard to talk about this issue with her. I recently moved to Japan and now I can no longer afford therapy and the person I had seen is back in the US. While I'm very happy to be living my dream, the bad thoughts and memories keep floating up and it's hard to make them stop. So I thought I'd look for some help online.

I'm sorry to hear that you went through that at such a young age.. :( It takes time to process what happened very often and so I'm glad you are wanting to take steps to heal now. With being far from home it sounds like you've got some extra hurdles and challenges with getting help but I hope that AS (after silence) can be a kind and supportive place to help you as you come to terms with your past.

With support,

Activist Ally