Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, New Here

Hello everyone xxxx I hate thinking about my childhood but I need to share things with people who understand how it just doesn't go away, and this seems like a safe place. I talked to my boyfriend about the abuse recently, which was a biiiig step for me and the first time I've ever said it into the real world, he thinks I should get counselling but the idea makes me really nervous. Hope you're all doing okay

Welcome Lovely,

I am sorry for the abuse you have suffered and that you find a need to be here, but AS is a wonderfully supportive site. I spoke out for the first time recently, too, and you are right. It is a really biiiig step. Coming here is a big step too. I wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi Potentiallylovely

Welcome To After Silence :aswelcomesu:

I am sorry that your child abuse brought you here for support.

I want to thank you for reaching out for support here at AS.

You are not alone, and we are a very friendly, understanding and supportive group.

We have all experienced CSA or SA, and we understand how you feel.

With time, you will overcome your pain.

Please feel free to post any messages that you have any questions about that we may be able to assist you with.

You CAN and WILL Heal and Recover. :wub:

You have already started the hardest part in your recovery by talking about your experience with your boy friend.

Counseling always makes people nervous initially, but these people want to help you live a happy and productive life.

Only you can decide if you need Professional help.

One plus that I found about receiving counseling is that I can speak freely and openly about my past abuse issues , that friends may not understand.

In addition, I have been prescribed medication to help me, which has been very helpful.

Sending You Support. :notalone::supportu:

Hello everyone xxxx I hate thinking about my childhood but I need to share things with people who understand how it just doesn't go away, and this seems like a safe place. I talked to my boyfriend about the abuse recently, which was a biiiig step for me and the first time I've ever said it into the real world, he thinks I should get counselling but the idea makes me really nervous. Hope you're all doing okay

Hi Potentiallylovely,

Great to see you and welcome to AS! (After Silence) I'm glad you have found this place where you can talk about things with people who understand. Lots of people do find that some form of counseling is very helpful for them but whatever you decide to do in that area, I congratulate you on taking the big step of joining here and I hope you'll find lots of kind support here!

Activist Ally