Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am Miss Understood

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this. It happened about two weeks ago and my mental health is beginning to go downhill. Everyone thinks I'm the strongest person on the planet but they really have no idea what happens in my mind or how I really feel. I have to be strong for everyone and show no fear and I hope this place can be my safe haven where I can let it all out. I keep saying that no one can help me with the flashbacks, the paranoia, and the depression but maybe this place can reduce the tension in my head. I have so much support but yet I feel so alone. I have a court date very soon and I'm desperate for encouragement and advice. Please help. Thank you.

Hi, I just wanted you to know that I read your post and I understand how you feel. I work so hard "to keep up appearances" myself. I am terribly sorry for the trauma that has brought you here, but I think that you will find a lot of support. This is a terrific community of survivors and many of us have experienced similar feelings. You are important and you are not alone. It's a day by day challenge -- but I hope that you will continue to post/reach out here. Supporting you as you begin your healing journey. Take good, gentle care of yourself.

Welcome MissUnderstood,

I am so sorry for what has happened to you, but you are not alone. There is much support and kindness on this site and we all do understand. We are on this path together, and support does matter! We are here for you.

Mary :youcanheal:

BTW...it takes a lot of courage to stand up in court and say it was wrong. It was. Be proud of yourself for that

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this. It happened about two weeks ago and my mental health is beginning to go downhill. Everyone thinks I'm the strongest person on the planet but they really have no idea what happens in my mind or how I really feel. I have to be strong for everyone and show no fear and I hope this place can be my safe haven where I can let it all out. I keep saying that no one can help me with the flashbacks, the paranoia, and the depression but maybe this place can reduce the tension in my head. I have so much support but yet I feel so alone. I have a court date very soon and I'm desperate for encouragement and advice. Please help. Thank you.

Hi MissUnderstood,

I'm so sorry that happened but I'm glad you've found us at aftersilence and I hope we can be part of the kind and supportive group that can help you back on the road to recovery and healing from this terrible crime committed against you. Just think of us as walking alongside you every step of the way!

All strength to you,

Activist Ally