Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I'm New

bobkat

Hi there, I'm in the place where I know its happened, when I was very young, and I remember feelings and vague things like a dream. I have this strong desire to make it real, so that I can stop telling myself it didn't happen, and to heal - does anyone have any suggestions or good techniques for remembering? I know its scary, and that's why its hard, but I know its important.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to AS sweetie. Denial is a really hard defence mechanism to get passed and it is a process that shouldn't be rushed. Memories are pushed to the conscious part of our mind when our mind thinks we are ready to face them. The best way of working through this is with a therapist. :hug: Take care. :hug:

Edited by Cat2005

welcome to the forum hun I hope you can find what you are looking for here.

In terms of remembering sometimes our minds block it out in order to protect ourselves. Often it is with talking through our abuse with professionals that the memories become clearer

love and hugs

Munchiexx

glad youre here

as for remembering...i dont think you can MAKE yourself...just relax and be open to the memories...its hard but it helps...lol so ive heard...i have yet to reach that point myself...most days i just wish there was a magic way for it to dissapear

welcome to AS!!!!!!!! glad youre here

-kristine