Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction

Hi, everyone. I stumbled upon this sight when I couldn't sleep the other night and wondered if there was a group online for survivors, and I found you guys! I've been having some trouble lately dealing with issues from what happened to me, and I'm glad I've found a space to converse with other people who've been through similar things. I've also recently decided to seek professional counseling for the first time.

As for who I am, I'm a young woman entering ministry in the PC(USA), but I was a Linguist and ESL teacher before I went to seminary.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Hi clergywoman,

So sorry that you need to be here! Very glad you found this community as it is filled with caring, supportive survivors who are here to help each other on the healing journey. I think it is awesome you are pursuing your path as you described it............I wish for you all the support you deserve and need. I joined in Jan. after not dealing with CSA for many years and have found that therapy and this community are a real solid path toward healing. Welcome!

maley

Welcome to AS!!!

I hope you will find AS to be a place of kind support where you can safely break the silence about what happened.

Congratulations on your bravery to seek counseling to help yourself!!!

:luck:

With support,

Activist Ally

Edited by ActivistAlly

Hi clergywoman.

I know what you mean. I basically came across here the same way.

I really applaud you to decide on professional help.

I too, look forward to get to know you!

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

i hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found