Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Sarah2005

So I know we're not supposed to go into detail about what happened to us here, and don't worry I'm not about to... yet. I joined this site about a week and a half ago, but didn't find time to play around with it until today. What happened to me happened in May, just a little over 3 months ago. I've been going to therapy, but honestly I don't know if it's helping. I guess the hardest part to me dealing with this is that all my CLOSE friends and family are in another state and my fiance is currently deployed in Afghanistan. He doesn't know about what happened yet. I don't want to tell him while he's over there... he needs to focus on staying safe and coming home. I do plan to tell him once he's back, but I haven't figured out at what point and how to just yet. The problem is I'm not sure exactly what happened to me. I was drugged and I know I was assaulted, but raped? I'm not sure. I don't think I was, but every professional I have talked to all say it's possible and that I'll never know... which puts a million other thoughts into my head. The whole thing is just so frustrating. I'm engaged, planning a wedding... how could this happen? I think I'm going crazy. Anyways... I will go into further details in a private, more appropriate forum (once I get access). I guess I'm just hoping to find some support from others who have been there... and maybe find some answers through others and their experiences.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Hi Sarah :) Welcome to AS :flowers:

I am so sorry this happened to you and with your friends and family being in another state and fiance being deployed am glad that you are seeking support in places like this

I'm sure you will be able to find some support / answers from otheres here, and wish you all the very best

Am guessing you are referring to getting access to the share your story forum?

Until then you could try the following forums? None of them are public, and the last one is password protected female only

Gathering Place - to seek support from others

The Aftermath - Coping with the aftermath of rape, sexual abuse, and domestic violence. A place to vent and discuss flashbacks, nightmares, anniversaries, chronic pain and other triggers.

Survivor Connections - Female Survivors - If you prefer to write in a female only environment - this forum is passworded, but I can send you the password if you would like that.

All the best and hope to see you around

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

• 3 weeks later...
So I know we're not supposed to go into detail about what happened to us here, and don't worry I'm not about to... yet. I joined this site about a week and a half ago, but didn't find time to play around with it until today. What happened to me happened in May, just a little over 3 months ago. I've been going to therapy, but honestly I don't know if it's helping. I guess the hardest part to me dealing with this is that all my CLOSE friends and family are in another state and my fiance is currently deployed in Afghanistan. He doesn't know about what happened yet. I don't want to tell him while he's over there... he needs to focus on staying safe and coming home. I do plan to tell him once he's back, but I haven't figured out at what point and how to just yet. The problem is I'm not sure exactly what happened to me. I was drugged and I know I was assaulted, but raped? I'm not sure. I don't think I was, but every professional I have talked to all say it's possible and that I'll never know... which puts a million other thoughts into my head. The whole thing is just so frustrating. I'm engaged, planning a wedding... how could this happen? I think I'm going crazy. Anyways... I will go into further details in a private, more appropriate forum (once I get access). I guess I'm just hoping to find some support from others who have been there... and maybe find some answers through others and their experiences.

Hi

sharing

I would just say taht you have suffered from some severe trauma that has involved touch inappropraite touch -and that you are willing to heal from it and need his help. Once your able to work through the stuff-and do somethings that are helpful you can have a good healthy interaction physically.

Judith

Sarah,

Hi and welcome to aftersilence. I couldn't pass by and not say hello, since my teddy bear is named Sarah and at the moment she is about all I get to hug. I can't offer much help on your situation, because my being abused by my oldest brother was over 50 years ago and I am still dealing with the pain, but I think that is because I didn't get any support back then (it was the 1960's), and it had so much time to sink into me and cause damage befre I ever did. It is so great that you are getting help right away, I think that will be key in helping you get through this.

Though short on words, I'm here if you have any questions I might be able to help with just PM me.

Kristine Elisabeth

Thinking of you.

Found