Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member Says Hi

Hi all,

I am from England..a survivor of many years of incest - survivor but not recoverer!! I don't know what i expect to find here.. all i know is that therapy is not for me .. i like most people want to heal my inner child, feel strong and feel i am worth someone loving me.. which i don't to date.

I know i am not saying anything that others don't feel... it would be nice to hear what other people have done to move them forward to self healing..

Hi all,

I am from England..a survivor of many years of incest - survivor but not recoverer!! I don't know what i expect to find here.. all i know is that therapy is not for me .. i like most people want to heal my inner child, feel strong and feel i am worth someone loving me.. which i don't to date.

I know i am not saying anything that others don't feel... it would be nice to hear what other people have done to move them forward to self healing..

Welcome Sparkle! I think this is the perfect place for you to be. I hope you in time you agree. It has been a wonderful place for me in the month or so since I have been here. Safe hugs to you if that is ok. :hug:

:luck:

hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

Hi Sparklejojo,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

It is possible to heal but sometimes just takes a long time. I go back and forth from knowing that people love me and sometimes I make myself believe they don't. i just want you to know it's possible.

:youcanheal:

Also, I like your username :)

Mandy

Thinking of you.

Found

:) Thank you all for your kind words.. and welcome.. I think maybe a hard step is the first post, as i am sure my story is not the worst, especially after reading some posts, but to me, when i am alone, it can seem dire!

Any progress will be good and i thank you in advance for any help or support i may get here. xx

Hi Sparklejojo,

Welcome to Aftersilence :tealribbon:

It is possible to heal but sometimes just takes a long time. I go back and forth from knowing that people love me and sometimes I make myself believe they don't. i just want you to know it's possible.

:youcanheal:

Also, I like your username :)

Mandy

I chose that name as i hope to one day get the sparkle in me.. :-) Thank you for your kind words

welcome to after-silence. :)