Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To The Forum But Not To Healing

Lyrra

Hello and safe hugs to all. I'm Heather and I am a survivor of childhood and adult SA. I have been working on the healing process since my first little girl was born in 2002 and it brought back all sorts of horrible memories and I had a break down. Since I started facing all I had/have been through I have been thru multiple toxic relationships and had my ups and downs. When I got married in 2007 I thought I had gotten over most of it, but turns out I had just barely scratched the surface and I was just putting it all back in the box in my head it started in.

So...yeah. There is more to my story...a LOOOT more, but that will wait. I look forward to getting to know all of you here and hopefully finding more allies in this long difficult journey called healing.

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

Welcome Heather. I hope you find what will help you here at AS. There are many people and many experiences to help guide your way. Wishing you the best of luck....both and healing and finding yourself again.

I hope you are finding your way around the boards ok.

Found

welcome to after-silence. :)

hello there. i know how you feel. i felt like i was strong enough and recovered from my rape 2 1/2 years ago to be able to move on and engage in a new relationship. after dating for a while i met the man of my dreams and i'm having issues coping with what happened to me while trying to make sure i don't neglect the relationship at the same time. it is very difficult but we're here to help each other out. i'm sure this will probably help you find your way :)