Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hey. My names is ashley and im 20. Just wanted to introduce myself, Im a little nervous right now so thats about it.

hey ashley i'm 25 and wanting to meet other people who have had simlar experiences i am not sure how to use these kinds of sights

Hi Ashley,

I joined three days ago I think...but feels a small lifetime. Ive learnt so much and been given so much support its blown me away to be honest.

Im in my 36th year and only just now dealing heavily with my abuse....to long. I never knew about places like this..it amazing to know im not alone, Im not ''damaged'', it wasnt my fault, and that there are so many willing to listen to me and not judge me in any way. Its like having a nice safe, soft place to fall and be surrounded with love in a totally good way.

I am so proud of you for making your way to AS.

Col :flowers:

Hey. My names is ashley and im 20. Just wanted to introduce myself, Im a little nervous right now so thats about it.

hey ashley i'm 25 and wanting to meet other people who have had simlar experiences i am not sure how to use these kinds of sights

Hey. I'm Chrissie and I am 25. I am not new to this site but I guess it's here for you to use as you need to. I have never used it very much until recently but I have always felt glad to be able to if I needed to-it was just good to know that it was there. I used it early on to post messages about how I was feeling at the time because I knew people could relate to what I was saying when the people closest to me couldn't. Then I didn't come on here for months. And now, I have moved to Australia to work and I have left my boyfriend and all my family at home, and I tend to use this site more now as a source of comfort/company etc.

For me writing about how I felt was a good release and a source of temporary minor relief. Now I tend to read other people's posts and remind myself of how far I've come and how well I have done. That's just me though and everyone is different!! Hope this helps. Meanwhile be kind to yourselves and take care :)

Hi there. I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found

hi everyone i am new to as,and very nervous i am 52 yrs old and have lived with this for 34 yrs, i really hope that soon i'll be able to put into words the shame i've been carring all these yrs it has impacted my life so long because no one believed me at the time so i burried it. read a book that a friend gave me yrs ago (women who love too much) should have read it sooner,it told me to start loving my self and join with others like me. I used to be pretty and thin with loads of self esteem

then it happened and my life went to hell. a long 34 yrs.and 125 lbs later i am finally learning that it really wasn't my fault and i'm not alone. wow that was hard.

Hi Asley

Welcome to AS

Don't worry about being nervous I think most of us were when we started, and I still am sometimes, even though I know a lot of people here, but it does get easier I promice :)

Just to let you know I am part of the Newbie support team here at AS, so if there is anything I can help you with just PM me and let me know :)

Look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Hugs and support

Cathy

Hi sammie09

Welcome to AS

Don't worry about not knowing how to use the site, it does get easier, I think it can be hard if you have never done it before, but I am sure you will pick up the basics in no time :)

If there is anything that I can do to help just me know :)

Hugs and support

Cathy

Hey terrymc

Welcome to AS

I am sorry to hear that you have been struggling with this for so long on your own, I couldn't imagine how hard that is, I did it for a few years but really 34yrs I don't think I could have done it, you are obviously a very strong woman. Good to here that you have seen that what happened was not your fault, that is a big step. I hope that AS can help you in your Journey.

If there is anything I can do to help just let me know :)

Hugs and support

Cathy

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Ashley welcome to AS :flowers: I am glad that you have joined us. I am sorry that you are feeling nervous right now, I hope in time you will feel more settled here. I know when I first joined it was all a little overwhelming, but before long I was jabbering away and 2 and a half years later I am still babbling lol. I look forward to seeing you around.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Welcome to AS. :)