Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello And Thank You

Cyrun

I have one person to talk to, who is very supportive and understands. I feel like the world would crush me if this person were not standing at my side bearing some of my load with me and telling me that I am strong and that I am not to blame. I am afraid sometimes that my single support will be overwhelmed.

I've made a lot of personal progress lately, and I was online looking for counseling in my area. I did not find anything that looked like a place I would feel comfortable going to. I did email a women's resource center in my area asking for information about their services and counselor recommendations, but I have not yet heard back from them.

I found After Silence while I was looking at resources online. I registered here because I was wanting to chat with someone at the time, but then was frustrated when I'd found that I'd have to post ten posts to do so. I didn't think that I would be able to post anything more on the forum than maybe a hello. But, I've been reading the forums and I'm not sure that is going to be as difficult as it first appeared. Thank you for providing this resource where survivors and their supports can feel safe, ask questions and hold each other up.

Learning to walk,

Cyrun

PS. could I get the password for the women survivors forum?

Hi, and welcome to AS.

The ten post rule isnt as hard as you would think. Its just so we get to know you a bit. If you want to, you can post in Humor and Silliness, or other non-triggery forums at first.

As for the password, a mod can send it to you through a PM. If they dont see this and respond, just send one of them a message, and they will get back to you.

Hope to see you around,

Ashley

Hi Cyrun, and welcome to AS.

It is a great place to connect with other suriviors and start to heal...

I hope you find what you are looking for here.

My PM box is always open. Feel free to use it. :)

Please take gentle care of yourself.

- Dark xx

Hello Cyrun, and welcome to AS. :)

Hi Cyrun :wave:

Welcome to AS

My name is Cathy, I am part of the newbie support team here at Aftersilence. I will be happy to help you settle in, if you have any problems or questions you send me or any member of the team a personal message.

I am glad that you do have support in the real world thats great. I hope that by now the womens resource centre has gotten back to you, therapy can be a great help :)

Alot of people find it frustrating that they can't get in to chat without first posting 10posts, but we have that in place for safety reasons.

I am not sure if you have gotten the password for the female forum yet, so I will send it to you in a pm :)

Look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

hugs and support

Cathy

Cathy,

Thank you. No, I haven't heard back from the resource center yet. Frankly, i'm much more comfortable being able to be anonymous on an internet site than to actually sit face to face with someone or a group of people talking about these things. However, I'd like to be able to get my mom to participate with me, and I don't see her doing that online. Plus, I should find a 'marriage counselor' while my husband is open to it. Also, local support would be a good thing. Hopefully, i'll hear something from them soon. I'd much rather email back and forth to them a little before meeting a bunch of strangers (or maybe worse... people I might know) that will want me to explain why i'm there. I realize its probably a lot like this forum, but I'd rather get a feel for things before taking that step. Guess its like dipping my toe in the water to see what temperature it is.

Thank you for the password. I did get it from someone else also.

• 2 weeks later...