Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

My name is Nicole, and I'm here at the direction of a friend who is also a member here. I'm not myself a survivor, but my partner is. We've gone through a lot together to help her get rid of a lot of the triggers and baggage that she's held on to for so long. I was the first person she was ever able to even tell about what happened, and I still learn new pieces all the time. I'd appreciate being allowed to wander around a little and maybe learn ways I can be a better support system for her, and have a place to vent myself. I love her and have no issues being here for her, because while I can't truly understand, I get a taste when she lets me in and I feel how overwhelming it all is. I hope to learn some more here and hope y'all won't mind if I poke around.

Hi Nicole,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I hope you find it to be a supportive community, and want you to know that there are other secondary survivors here who can fully empathize with you, and how difficult it is to support a loved one who has been hurt so badly. There are also many survivors in our community, working on healing, and coping with the aftermath of our traumas.

I see your account was mistakenly designated as a survivor, but the mods will take care of this soon. :) If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. There is support for you here, and venting is a good thing, especially in a situation where you must feel so helpless. Welcome, and I look forward to seeing you around the site. :hug:

Hi Nicole

your partner is lucky to have such a supportive girlfriend. im glad that you are here and hope that you are able to find the support that you and your girlfriend need.

welcome to AS!

hey, welcome to AS

hope to see you around

love and hugs

fern

xxx

Hi Nicole

Welcome here to AS...Im glad your partner has such a loving and supportive partner as yourself....

Im glad you found us

hugs

graice