Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I am new to the site. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a 37 year old woman who has experienced two incidences of sexual assault. Once when I was 10 yrs old over the course of a week, then again when I was 27. I have had a great deal of difficulty recovering since the last incident. I am tired of living life in a hazy, numb state. I want to live again, I want to trust people again. I want to trust myself again.

I wish you all the very best and am glad to have found the site.

Thank you

Hey,

welcome to AS! I'm sorry for what brought you here, but be assured that you will find support and kindness on your healing journey here.

It takes time to recover, but wanting to recover like you do is the first major step. Don't give up!

All the best,

Holly :luck:

Hi DntHaf2LivLikaRefuG,

Welcome!! :)

I hope you feel at home soon. :flowers:

Hun, I'm sorry for all you went through that brought you here..... Both as a child and as an adult. What was done to you is very wrong, and I am glad you came here for support during your healing from it. Please know that it's not your fault that this happened to you, nothing you did would ever made it your responsibility. The people that have hurt you are to blame for this, and not you. :console:

This is a caring and supportive community, and I am glad you have joined us. Take all the time you need to look around and get to know us, and I am sure you'll find loads of support, care and validation here. You can just be you here..... Just the way you are, and just the way you feel.

Feel free to ask questions if you have them, ok?

:hug: = if ok??

Jo

Hi there :)

Welcome here to AS...We are a wonderful supportive community and Im glad you found us..Im also sorry for the trauma youve been through that had you search us out..Im glad your here

hugs to you

graice

Hi i joined a couple of days ago, and i welcome you to AS, i hope you seek loads of support from us

take care

Edited by tanika971
  • 2 weeks later...