Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introduction =)

Hello!

As you can see, I'm new here. And first I wanna say that I'm from the Netherlands, so if I write something really stupid it's because English isn't my first language and it can be pretty crappy sometimes :angel:

Second, I came here because of a combination of some things that are going on now. I was dragged off my bike and into the bushes by two men and raped almost 4 years ago. After that I just pushed it away, I tried so hard not to remember it or just not to think of it.. Ofcourse it didn't always work and at one of those times I started to self-injure and continued it..

I just started at a new college this year, and my mentor wanted to have a private conversation with all the people in my class for introduction. She used to be a psychologist and somehow she managed to find out that something traumatic has happend to me. She had a few more conversations with me afterwards but I'm just not ready to really talk about it apperantly and she wants me to have some professional help with this..

That's kinda what brought me here, maybe I can try to talk about this more than I do now. Writing is often easier than talking face-to-face, at least it is for me.

If anyone has questions or something, let me know :)

Cuppycake

Your english seems pretty perfect to me! I'm sorry this has happened but glad that you've found AS. Welcome.

Hope to see you around the boards and in chat!

-Elle

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry you have a reason to be here at all, but this is a wonderful, supportive community of people who will always understand where you're coming from. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

:luck::flowers:

PS-I also think you're English is excellent.

Hi!

The really good thing is that your teacher cares. I think, she would understand that you don´t feel ready to accept her help. However even coming here is brave and maybe the first step.

As you see my English isn´t far as perfect as yours although I´m just writing my fifth post. Nobody has groused yet. People are here very tolerant and nice (or maybe they don´t understand me :) ).

I wish you luck. (btw. I love Holland.)

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

Your English is great! Like you, I decided not to deal with my assault when it happened, instead I pushed it out of my head for about 4 years. Eventually, I knew I had to deal with it, and all those years I thought I had been so strong I had actually just not been in a place where I could deal with what happened to me. I spent years in therapy, but finally have come to a better place. Healing is a rocky road, but the other side of that road is wonderful. I hope we can help you on your path.

Nicole :throb:

Hey CuppyCake and Welcome to AfterSilence,

Sorry I was away when you joined, and I like to say hello to everyone at AS, so hello :P

I am looking forward to seeing you at AS, on the site and in chat soon :hug:

Please take care, and PM me if you have any concerns or just want someone to talk to :bighug: - I will always listen

John.

Edited by biggestfoot

Welcome to our family.

I hope you find all the healing and support you need here.