Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm New........

Hi all,

I am a new member... I have just (finally!!) managed to activate my account. Took me a few attempts!! Oh well, stupid me.

My name, or the name I am going by, is Una. I am a bit frightened of joining this forum. It is my second attempt at being a member of a survivors' forum, the first time was years ago on a different forum (obviously!!). Things went well there for about 2 years but then due to a bizarre mixup I was accused of having used multiple IDs (I hadn't, my gf had become a member and we moved in together, so we suddenly used the same PC which led to identical IP addresses... I had told the forum that I was moving but yet we both got thrown off the forum anyway with no chance of giving an explanation to anyone).

So here I am, years later, giving it another shot. I have been struggling with some issues recently and feel I have no one to talk to about them, so I have just been trying to handle them on my own. It's hard. I refuse to take any medication for psychological problems so I have to fight the battle. I don't take sleeping aids either, so I am left with sleeping problems. But I have so far managed to go to work every day (although I struggle) and I will continue to hang in there.

So much for the intro... I hope I will be welcome in this forum. I am sure I will meet lots of nice people in here.

Una

Welcome to After Silence, Una :flowers:

What a neat name, where does that come from? You are certainly welcome here, I hope you find this community to be beneficial to you.

Nicole :throb:

Hi Una!

Welcome to AS!

I hope you find that this forum is very comforting and helpful to all. Please feel welome here as I have for a few months now myself. Contact me anytime.

Michelle / aka - Stitch222

Hi,

thanks for the lovely replies... the name is one I picked from a novel that I ready years ago. It was made into a tv series and an actress who I had a massive crush on took the part of that Una character. That's why I picked it. The Una in that story is also a lesbian, like myself. lots of reasons...

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a wonderful place for support. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care!

:hug: :hug:

Sad

• 4 weeks later...