Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

I am a 31 year old single mom to an 8 year old boy i was molested from the time i was like 6 till i was 10 at that point he raped me i just now told my parents about a month ago and started leagal action against this person its been hard living with the fact that i knew he did this and even harder knowing that i am going to battle him and now that he knows i remember its rough for me i am in constent fear of this person well i not sure i wanna say much more yet

Welcome to AS!!!

You are a very strong person for coming out and telling what this individual did to you. Pressing charges was the right and smart thing to do. It lets your "abuser" know that he cannot get away with what he has done to you.

Like you I am a mom of an 8 year old son. I also have a 4 year old daughter. I am 33 years old. Although I finally told a few members of my family about the "abuse" at the hands of my step brother (I told like 3 years ago) my nightmare has recently continued. My daughter disclosed to me a year ago that while on weekend visitation with her father he touched her. Like you, I am about to face a criminal trial against my ex (he is charged with CSC with a minor first degree) and am scared to death. I am not afraid of him because there is a no contact order in place as part of his bond agreement but the thought of having to testify and my daughter having to testify kills me. Going through this kills me. Having not recovered from my own abuse now I am trying to be there for my daughter and help her.

You are doing the right thing. You are a strong individual. You are making sure that this "evil" person cannot hurt you or anyone else again.

You are in my prayers. I am here for you if you need a friend. PM me anytime.

Welcome to AS. I am fairly new myself, and I found so much support. Anytime you need someone just come here. Thanks for sharing part of your story. I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I am sure what you are going through is terrifying. I cannot relate to going through a trial, but I know there are many here who can and can offer support and empathy, and perhaps advice on the subject.

Best of luck, I think you are very brave!

Nicole :throb:

:aswelcomesu::notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I hope you find what you are looking for here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug::hug:

Sad