Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

johara

I'm brand new to this and it really is a little scary. I was 16 when I was raped and then I spent 15 years not dealing with it. During this past year, I started therapy and I have started to talk and deal with the emotions that came along with the rape. I have spent so many years not dealing with my emotions, that I don't know where to start! I've read some of the testimonials and I must say that all of you are brave to share your stories. And as scary as it is, I don't feel so alone. This is my first posting and actually posting is half the battle, right? With the therapy, I am experiencing tidal waves of emotion. I'm trying to grieve what I lost (I was a virgin) and sort through all the emotions without trying to suppress them. This is hard to do for someone who is petrified of emotions. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. And I wish all the best to everyone in their respective journeys!

Yeah, the first few posts are weird, but you'll loosen up soon! Welcome sister, you are needed here. PM me anytime.

Blessings! "D"

Hi, welcome. I just started here yesterday. I was sexually abused by my brother who's two years older than I am. I broke the silence Jan. 1 of this year and we haven't really seen or spoken since. I kinda know how you feel. You feel like a normal person before you tell and accept what happened, and after you tell, all your issues, fears, confusion, and emotion break loose. That's a good thing though, even if it's really rough. You can't heal unless you deal with all your hurt. It's gotta all come to the surface. About your virginity, I don't believe it's something that can be taken from you. You have to give it of your own free will. Rape is in no way sex, neither is sexual abuse. It's like the difference in breathing and not breathing. God bless you. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you. Though you're older than me, I understand a lot of what you're going through. I'm 18. Be strong. You can make it!

Welcome to After Silence :flowers:

Sounds like you found us at the right time for you. It takes many of us years to start dealing with our feelings and the reality of what happened to us. I have a feeling we can help you along on your journey, and you can help us all on ours.

Nicole :throb:

Welcome,

I am new here too. Yet I have only replied to posts and have yet to share my long story, with many different offenders. I am happy that you have shown such strength in posting your story so early one. I am happy you are here with us. If you ever wanna chat feel free to sending me a message. :chat: I am looking forward to seeing you around on here.

:supportu::notalone::yahoo: :goodpost: :friends2::clap:

Welcome to AS! You are brave for posting. You are not alone. Hang in there. See you around,

Melissa

Hi, welcome. I just started here yesterday. I was sexually abused by my brother who's two years older than I am. I broke the silence Jan. 1 of this year and we haven't really seen or spoken since. I kinda know how you feel. You feel like a normal person before you tell and accept what happened, and after you tell, all your issues, fears, confusion, and emotion break loose. That's a good thing though, even if it's really rough. You can't heal unless you deal with all your hurt. It's gotta all come to the surface. About your virginity, I don't believe it's something that can be taken from you. You have to give it of your own free will. Rape is in no way sex, neither is sexual abuse. It's like the difference in breathing and not breathing. God bless you. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you. Though you're older than me, I understand a lot of what you're going through. I'm 18. Be strong. You can make it!

I just wanted to say that you are very brave for dealing with this. I was in denial for so long and did not think I needed help. It's also nice to know that someone else kinda understands where you are coming from. I hope that you are also able to come to peace with what happened to you. You deserve the best and god bless!