Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Newbie

I thought by my age (48) I'd be over it all and it would be successfully forgotten. Just doesn't work that way. This seems like a safe place to talk about it, .... I've been struggling with it since I wa 6-7 years old, tried to forget it, did forget it, came back, denied it ever happened. Since I can't get rid of it I've accepted living with the truth and need a safe place to let it out. Thank you for listening.

Hi Lorinda :flowers:

Welcome to AS. I am glad you have accepted what has happened to you. That can be a really hard thing to do. I have found AS to be an accepting, welcoming place to share. :hug:

Hello,

Age is not a factor. Everyone needs a chance to heal! See you around, and welcome here! :)

Melissa

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

I am 46!! We shold start and over 40s club!

Glad you found AS

best wishes

karen

Hello and welcome to After Silence :flowers:

It is certainly never to late to start working on your healing. I personally don't think we ever forget, but that we can learn to cope with the past and become better, stronger people in spite of it. I hope you make yourself at home here :)

Nicole :throb: