Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am New And Need Help!

:cry: I am 16 years old and was sexually abused when I was 5 and it lasted for a year. Nothing was ever done to my abuser, which at the time was my mom's drunk boyfriend. I believe I am suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder but my mom is in denial and doesn't want anyone to know. So, I have gone untreated and it gets harder. I need advice from someone. Sometimes the flashbacks get so horrible that I hurt myself. I need a friend that can assist me. Please, any advice would help! :please:

Edited by mariskafan822

I know this must be very hard for you. It's so hard when you're a kid and you're sort of dependent on your parents for your ability to get help. Is there an adult at your school that you feel like you may be able to talk with or even write a note to and ask for some help with this? I ask this because this is how I finally reached out, and it was so helpful. Maybe a guidance counselor or teacher? For me it was a teacher, but I couldn't ask her to talk, or tell her. I wrote her a note and spilled my guts (almost), and she wrote me back which was absolutely wonderful!!! I still have that note by the way. Later we did talk, but communicating through notes at first was a big help. Anyway, they can't totally help you. You really do need a therapist or other qualified person, but they can help you sort this out with you and your parents. Maybe they can get them (your parents) to see how very much you really do need this. That is my advice. Not easy advice I know, but it's my advice. You are only 16, I was 21 before I got the courage to ask for help. I wish I could've done it sooner. You can do this. You really can, and there are people out there who really care and are willing to listen. You just have to find that person.

Take care,

Windy

I have never called this number, but perhaps it could benefit you.

Girls and Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000

Call With any Problem, Anytime

Open 24 hours a day, everyday

The Girls and Boys Town National Hotline is a 24-hour crisis, resource and referral line. Trained counselors can respond to your questions every day of the week, 365 days a year. We can help teens and parents with suicide prevention, depression, school issues, parenting troubles, runaways, relationship problems, physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, chemical dependency, anger and much more. Any problem anytime... the Girls and Boys Town National Hotline is here to help. In 2005, nearly 500,000 children and families were helped through the Girls and Boys Town National Hotline, and over the past decade, more than 7 million callers have found help at the end of the line.

Here is the link to their website http://www.girlsandboystown.org/hotline/index.asp

Please post if you decide to call and let us know if it was helpful.

Hi Mariska - welcome to AS. I hope you reach out to someone, maybe at your school or the number that was posted above, because it's hard to get help without telling someone if your parent(s) are in denial. They can help you sort it out and get some help. Take care honey. :bighug::bighug:

Hi Mariska,

Welcome to AS.

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this stuff right now and your mother is not helping you get the healing help that you need and deserve. I know how hard that can be. I know that there are other teen survivors dealing with this as well and hope that you can get some advice and support from them, as well as other members here.

It is hard to work on healing when a teen. I remember that well. Back then there were no great healing books on the subject, but thankfully there are now. I hope that you can get some of them, especially "the courage to heal" and read some of the threads dealing with coping and healing issues here. Keep posting, there are lots of members here who care and it is great to find support friends as well.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Welcome ... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Welcome ... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello Mariska. I am new here too! In fact, I just registered today and this is my very firs post! I haven't even introduced myself yet.

I am 20, and I totally understand how you are feeling right now. Sadly, my mom too is in denial. Please listen to what some people on here have said about talking to a teacher. I moved out of my house at 16, but it feels like yesterday to think of how powerless and alone I felt.

PLEASE know that you are not powerless. Luckily, you abuser is now out of the picture (from what I gathered from your post) so you really have more power than you might believe. I am here for you!

Welcome to AS, darlin'. I'm always around; feel free to PM me anytime. :)

Best luck and love,

Alicia

Welcome little sister, you are neededand loved her.

Blessings to you. :hug:

• 2 weeks later...