Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here. Feeling Lost.

Hi.

I'm new here, I found this site through some searching for online support groups for people who have been sexually assaulted. It's been almost 8 months since the assault, but I am starting to get nightmares and they've been triggering the feelings all over again. It's rough and I feel alone. I have a great boyfriend now who is being nothing but great and supportive through this, but no offence to him, it's just not enough. I'm trying to get the courage and the strength to go see someone but everytime the option comes up, I chicken out. I just don't feel strong enough to make that move, and I wish I did. Anyhow, I hope that in my search of finding a great support group, that I have found what I need. I'm not really too sure what else to say. I feel in a fog.

Jess

Welcome To AS you are not alone and I think my new friend you have found a great support system!

I'm trying to get the courage and the strength to go see someone but everytime the option comes up, I chicken out.

Hi crystal, welcome. Maybe if the thought of going to see someone is too much then perhaps contacting someone via e-mail or by phone might be a bit easier. It's often a good way to make first contact. Make yourself at home here in the meantime.

Welcome to the fog club! :hi:

I hope that you find the suppor that you need here. I think you will find that this is a great place to work out some of those issues. It's difficult, but you have already taken the first step!

Welcome! Welcome!

Welcome to AS Jess. I'm sorry you need to be here, but so glad you found us.

Jess,

Although we are all here for mutual reasons there is no really place you have to begin at. I find reading the stories can be triggering so I tend to stay away from that section. Don’t feel like you have to post. Sometimes I just read. Sometimes like tonight I reply like crazy. I started by reading then by posting my story. It was good to get it off my chest but believe me that is hard so do so when you are ready. You mentioned seeing someone, that’s a brave and important step. You can start by calling your local RCC or going through RAIIN. You're not alone. Stay safe hun, and welcome to AS! :tealribbon:

Thanx Faith. I appreciate the advice, and I'll do what I can to get through this. I know it's not gonna be the easiest thing to do going to see someone, but my boyfriend said if he was able to, that he would come along, just for the support even if he can't come in, which will be awesome help. But yea, I've tried callin someone but ended up hanging up the phone when someone answered. But, step by step, I can do this. I just need the strength and support.