Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello, I am new obviously, just started reading. I don't feel like sharing much information about me at this point. Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to read up on your thoughts/feelings/experiences. best, Res

1 hour ago, Res said:

Hello, I am new obviously, just started reading. I don't feel like sharing much information about me at this point. Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to read up on your thoughts/feelings/experiences. best, Res

Hello Res and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

You pick your own pace here, you should never feel any pressure to share anything. It is absolutely fine to use this platform to read other's stories and perspectives. There are many ways to heal, and many ways this community could help. Having a safe place apart from IRL life offers a lot of freedom. 

Please know we believe you, and that you are not alone. Many survivors feel isolated in their experience, but so often we relate to each other despite different stories. If you like thread games, you could check out our Humor and Silliness forum. That can be a way to interact with other members without having to share anything personal. Just have some casual fun. 

Please let me or a staff member of choice know if you'd need anything, would it be assistance with the site, answer to questions or some company. I'll send you a greeting with some info, please check your inbox. 

Stay safe / W ☀️

Hi Res and welcome.

I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but so glad you decided to reach out. You have found a very supportive community with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

It's definitely ok to just read for a while. It's exactly how I started a few years ago. It can sometimes take a while to find comfortable footing...and reading can be that great way to start. So, take all the time you need...but know, we are here for you, when you are ready. :)

I wish you the best as you move forward on this path we call healing. 

Mary

:supportu:

BTW...I love your user pic and I love penguins! :penguin:

Dear all,

thank you so much for keeping this forum up and running and for being so very warmly welcoming.

💜