Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello,

I'm a 30y/o female from the Bay Area, California. 
I'd first just like to send love and healing to everyone here. 
I work as an analyst, & I generally try to understand things with the mind & not the heart, which hasn't proven very useful at times.
I have a 13 y/o daughter who I love so deeply. Her dad has been out of her life since she was 2.
I've been taking responsibility for my healing for about a year now.

Look forward to getting to know others here.

Hello and welcome to AS, @Nicollette93! I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ I'm sorry for what you've experienced, but I'm proud of you for taking steps to heal. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here. You're not alone. :) Wishing you all the best on your healing journey!

-Finchy

7 hours ago, Nicollette93 said:

Hello,

I'm a 30y/o female from the Bay Area, California. 
I'd first just like to send love and healing to everyone here. 
I work as an analyst, & I generally try to understand things with the mind & not the heart, which hasn't proven very useful at times.
I have a 13 y/o daughter who I love so deeply. Her dad has been out of her life since she was 2.
I've been taking responsibility for my healing for about a year now.

Look forward to getting to know others here.

Hey Nicollette93 and welcome to our community! I am Wanna :flowers:

Balancing between the mind and the heart can be rather difficult. We all have to figure it out along the way, what works and not. However, we shouldn't dismiss our emotions completely. I am happy you've found us, as I think every survivor deserves a community. Here, you can connect with fellow survivors, share what you'd like, exchange support and much more! You are not alone, and we believe you. 

We have a Pregnancy and Parenting forum you'd maybe like, to discuss coping with healing whilst raising a child. Please let me or a staff member of choice know if we can help. You can contact us via PM with questions, asking for assistance or for some company. :aswelcomesu:

Stay safe, W ☀️