Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Saying Hi

Hello,

I’m just saying Hi! I’m new here. I’m still trying to figure out a lot of what happened to me. I’m having flashbacks and have CPTSD. I don’t know what I can and can’t talk about in here, but I would like some feedback on the pieces I can remember. Anyway, I’m glad I found this group. Thank you 

Hello and welcome to AS @Maura! :) I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry for what you've experienced, though, and that you go through flashbacks and have CPTSD. You'll meet a lot of very friendly and supportive people here...you're not alone. Take your time exploring and post when you need some help. ❤️ Wishing you all the best on your healing journey!

-Finchy

5 hours ago, Maura said:

Hello,

I’m just saying Hi! I’m new here. I’m still trying to figure out a lot of what happened to me. I’m having flashbacks and have CPTSD. I don’t know what I can and can’t talk about in here, but I would like some feedback on the pieces I can remember. Anyway, I’m glad I found this group. Thank you 

Hello Maura and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

You can check our Rules and Guidelines, to be certain about what you can post or not. This place is pretty open, welcoming most topics regarding healing and coping. You decide how much you'd like to share. Flashbacks are very normal for survivors, I've experienced them among many others he Complex trauma is also a frequently occurring subject in our forums. You can come here to vent, chat, exchange support and much more! After Silence has open doors for you :youcanheal:

Please know we believe you, and that you have nothing to be embarrassed about. Feel free to contact any of us in staff with questions, for assistance with the site or just some company. I'm only a PM away. 

All best, W ☀️

Welcome :aswelcomesu:

I’m glad you found us. Dealing with childhood trauma can feel lonely even if you have people who want to help you. We will do what we can to help you along your journey. Take your time and Learn from others stories. When you’re ready we will be here for you. :)