Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to AS

Hello. I am a new member and I have never been involved in anything like this before. I am struggling with an upcoming anniversary date and would be open to suggestions other members may have of what they have done to move beyond these periods. Thanks!

Hi welcome friend to this safe place. So sorry what you have gone through and that you are being reminded.  Sometimes writing in a place like this helps, talking to a therapist before and after the date, or for as long as it takes.  Having a list of fun activities to do.  Hanging out with positive people.  Hope this helps

Welcome to AS @D. C.! I'm glad you found your way here. I am sorry for what you've experienced, though. It was cruel and undeserved...and having an anniversary coming up is always super difficult. You're not alone in this. We're all here to help you. Awi gave good suggestions for the traumaversary. Definitely reach out here. ❤️ Treat yourself with a ton of kindness and self-love, ok? 

Wishing you the best on your healing journey. ❤️ 

-Finchy

19 hours ago, D. C. said:

Hello. I am a new member and I have never been involved in anything like this before. I am struggling with an upcoming anniversary date and would be open to suggestions other members may have of what they have done to move beyond these periods. Thanks!

Hello D.C and welcome on board! I am Wanna :flowers:

Traumaversaries can be extremely triggering. I think my first and second were particularly bad. I've suppressed them the past few years, but the date is stuck in my brain forever, it seems. I think our Aftermath forum would be a fit for such a post. If you'd like, you can post about it there and ask for support. Many here share the struggle. 

https://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/30-the-aftermath/

I am glad you decided to join a community, I think every survivor could use one. Here you can connect with fellow survivors, take part in other's stories, exchange advice and much more! You come as often as you'd like, and take things at your own pace. Healing can be a rocky road, but you can do it with company. 

I wish you the best, especially for the upcoming traumaversary. Please know, we believe you and support you :notalone: If I can be at any help, would it be regarding the site or for some moral support, I'm just one PM away. 

All best W ☀️