Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi everyone!

groovy

Hello! I came across this forum after finally admitting to myself that I was assaulted after over 2 years of denial, and I have only told one person that I know. I'm looking forward to meeting more folks that understand what I've gone through as I learn to heal, even if it is online.

Thanks for having me!

-G

Hello and welcome to AS, @groovy! I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ Also, your pfp of your cat is adorable. Assuming it's your cat. Either way, love it.

I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. It was undeserved. Sometimes it takes us a long time to admit that something was abuse...but now that you've made it there, you can start your healing journey. You'll meet lots of very friendly and supportive people here that will help. I wish you all the best. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Hi Groovy and welcome. 

I am sorry you have reason to be here, yet glad you have found us. Denial is common reaction and it's always a brave step to acknowledge the wrong that was done against you. This is a great community to be a part of and you will find tons of support.

Feel free to look around the community and jump in where you feel comfortable. We are glad to have you. 

Wishing you the best on your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what you have been through that has brought you here. You are not alone. I hope you find the suport you're needing, here with us. This is a safe and understanding group of people here willing to listen and offer suport. 

Dawn

15 hours ago, groovy said:

Hello! I came across this forum after finally admitting to myself that I was assaulted after over 2 years of denial, and I have only told one person that I know. I'm looking forward to meeting more folks that understand what I've gone through as I learn to heal, even if it is online.

Thanks for having me!

-G

Hello and welcome groovy! I am Wanna :flowers:

Passing denial is a milestone itself, it takes time and courage to allow yourself realizing your trauma. After Silence was created by survivors, for survivors. You pick your own pace here. Our community is a safe place to share, vent and connect with fellow survivors. We also have a lot of fun here too, sharing our creativity, interests and passions. If you'd had the chance to view our forum's index, you may have noticed that we have a wide span of topics here. 

Please let me know if I can be at any help, I am just one PM away for some extra support or assistance. 

Take care 

- W ☀️

20 hours ago, Finchy said:

Hello and welcome to AS, @groovy! I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ Also, your pfp of your cat is adorable. Assuming it's your cat. Either way, love it.

I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. It was undeserved. Sometimes it takes us a long time to admit that something was abuse...but now that you've made it there, you can start your healing journey. You'll meet lots of very friendly and supportive people here that will help. I wish you all the best. ❤️ 

-Finchy

Thank you for your kind words. That is my little boy cat in my pfp, always needing to be the center of attention that one.😄

18 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Groovy and welcome. 

I am sorry you have reason to be here, yet glad you have found us. Denial is common reaction and it's always a brave step to acknowledge the wrong that was done against you. This is a great community to be a part of and you will find tons of support.

Feel free to look around the community and jump in where you feel comfortable. We are glad to have you. 

Wishing you the best on your path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you for the kind welcome. I've been looking around to see what everything's all about. I've only just gotten comfortable enough to make an introduction after a couple months but I'm hoping to participate more now.

18 hours ago, Dawn76 said:

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for what you have been through that has brought you here. You are not alone. I hope you find the suport you're needing, here with us. This is a safe and understanding group of people here willing to listen and offer suport. 

Dawn

Thank you for your welcome and support.

7 hours ago, WannaMoveOn said:

Hello and welcome groovy! I am Wanna :flowers:

Passing denial is a milestone itself, it takes time and courage to allow yourself realizing your trauma. After Silence was created by survivors, for survivors. You pick your own pace here. Our community is a safe place to share, vent and connect with fellow survivors. We also have a lot of fun here too, sharing our creativity, interests and passions. If you'd had the chance to view our forum's index, you may have noticed that we have a wide span of topics here. 

Please let me know if I can be at any help, I am just one PM away for some extra support or assistance. 

Take care 

- W ☀️

Hi Wanna, thank you for your kind words! I appreciate the help and I'm looking forward to participating more now that I've gotten comfortable enough to at least make an introduction.🙂

5 hours ago, groovy said:

Hi Wanna, thank you for your kind words! I appreciate the help and I'm looking forward to participating more now that I've gotten comfortable enough to at least make an introduction.🙂

You're welcome, good luck!