Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Survivor Connections Zoom Chat Session #2 - Coping Skills - Triggers & Grounding Exercises

Hello, AS!

Happy Sunday to you all! :) 

Yesterday's Zoom Chat Session went wonderfully!  Thank you to those who joined us - I hope the experience was an enjoyable one!  

I am here to officially announce our next session - we will be discussing Coping Skills - Triggers & Grounding Exercises.  We will be planning this session for the weekend of (date change:) September 16th/17th.  

Like we did last time, if you are interested in joining this session, please send a PM to me @Capulet or to @MeBeMary.  Let us know what time zone you are in and all availability during the weekend of September 9th-10th.  We are looking for complete time frames, so that we may accommodate to fit everyone's schedules as best as we can - and to schedule a second session (same topic) if there is a need for it.

We will work on everything on our end and update with the times as soon as possible. 

The Zoom links/invitations will be sent to your PM a few days before the scheduled meeting.  Please do NOT share these links or invitations with anybody, even with other AS members.  We MUST know who is attending ahead of time and we will not be allowing anyone in who has not pre-registered appropriately.  Two weeks is hopefully ample time to register and to make your intended attendance known. :)  Apologies, but there are no exceptions to this.  

In order to ensure that there is adequate time for everyone to speak, we are limiting the number of participants to this session to fifteen.  We will be first come, first serve.  If you have registered but find that you cannot attend, please let us know beforehand, so that we can allow someone else in.  We will be keeping everyone informed on how many spaces we have left or if there are any cancellations.

Any questions, comments, thoughts, please post 'em here.  I will be posting the Terms of Service below this, so please take the time to review if you have not done so, yet.

I hope everyone is excited. :)  I am sending strength and positivity to you all.

❤️

- Cap

Terms of Service/Rules

• This is an After Silence site feature that is member exclusive.  Only registered, ACTIVE members who are in the 'survivor' member group may participate.  In addition, member accounts must be in good standing (no warnings or restrictions imposed) and at least 60 days old, with a post count of 50 or more. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.  If you do not currently qualify for the 60 days/50 post count this time, please do not worry - there will be opportunities in the future to participate, as long as we maintain interest in these chat sessions. 

• The After Silence forum rules will apply to any After Silence sanctioned meetings.  Two AS staff members will be present at all scheduled meetings.  Any rule-breaking or disrespect to other meeting participants will result in immediate ejection from the meeting and a ban from future meetings.

• We will need a minimum of five people to 'gather.'  For now, we will set the maximum number of occupants to fifteen.  We will be operating on a first come, first serve basis, and if there are any cancelations prior to our scheduled meeting, we will indicate that a spot has opened up, in case anyone else would like to last-minute register.  To register to attend an event, you will need to send a PM to @Capulet or @MeBeMary with a request to join a scheduled gathering.  Within this PM, please state you have read and understand the Terms of Service. Please ask any questions beforehand, as we do not want to take time away from these sessions to address potential problems or concerns. We would like the to spend the session time interacting about the topic chosen.  If approved for attendance, you will receive a link to the gathering in your PMs. 

• You will be responsible for joining meetings you choose to attend with your After Silence username.  Please take care to protect your personal information by ensuring that if you use Zoom for other reasons (work, school, etc), you change your display name to your AS username and remove any avatars or photographs with identifying information before signing into the meeting.  Face pictures are okay, but please do not reveal your location or publish your email address as a username.

• As with other online support groups, privacy is of paramount importance.  Please ensure you are in a safe place, and that distractions are minimal (with no children, significant others, housemates, parents, friends, etc present) and that you respect the privacy and safety of other participants and leave the meeting if you are not alone or your/others’ privacy is not guaranteed.

• You are NOT required to put your camera on.  You may opt to put on your camera only when speaking, or not at all.  The choice is completely yours - we want you to feel comfortable.  Zoom has a chat box feature that can be utilized if you would like to speak to everyone using the chat feature.  

• In order to help others to feel safe, you may not enter the meeting if you are at present in crisis, intoxicated, or under the influence of recreational drugs. 

• As stated in our board rules, DID alters are, unfortunately, also unable to participate in these gatherings.

• These Terms of Service may be revised as needed - for now, these are what we would like for participants to become familiar with.  

I got your pm Cap.   I'm looking forward to it. 

Just a reminder - we are still accepting participants for this session!

Also, the sooner we receive your registration/time zone, the sooner we can begin working on a time for our session.  

❤️

Hi,

Just checking in to let you all know that this session has had a date change, as we are needing additional time to put together a few things and to ensure we have appropriate staff coverage.  We will likely be meeting on Sunday, September 17th.

There is still plenty of time to register! :) Please let me know if you would be interested.  We are also needing to know your time zone (especially if you have not Zoomed with us before) so that we try for a time where our registrants will be available. 

Sending everyone love and light! 
❤️

On 9/4/2023 at 6:44 AM, Doll6 said:

I’m sorry @Capulet it sounds like a wonderful opportunity, I just can’t find the courage right now 

Please do not worry, Doll!  There will be plenty of future opportunities.  Sending you strength during this time.  Here for you if you ever need anything. ❤️

:bump:

We still have space available for this session, but need confirmation if you want to attend by 9pm EST (Saturday, September 16th) so we can finish our preparations! 

Please PM @Capulet or @MeBeMary if you want to participate in this session! Make sure you read the TERMS of SERVICE and please verify your time zone with us!

For the others who have already signed up, we will see you tomorrow! 

Session time: 

• 1:30pm Eastern
  • 12:30pm Central Time
  • 11:30pm Mountain Time
  • 10:30am Pacific Time
  • 6:30pm GMT
  • 7:30pm GMT+1

Mery,  I waited for the session this morning.   Nothing happened.   It kept saying it hadn't started. :(

Duh sorry.   I thought today was Sunday .